Siemens Project Developer - Energy Services in Winter Park, Florida
Project Developer - Energy Services
Multiple Locations:Pensacola, Florida; Miramar, Florida; Jacksonville, Florida; Winter Park, Florida; Pelham, Alabama; Orlando, Florida; Raleigh, North Carolina; Panama City, Florida; Tallahassee, Florida
Job Family: Project Management
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 222716
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Pensacola
Other Locations: United States-Florida-Tallahassee, United States-Florida-Panama City, United States-North Carolina-Raleigh, United States-Florida-Orlando, United States-Alabama-Pelham, United States-Florida-Winter Park, United States-Florida-Jacksonville, United States-Florida-Miramar
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Industry Inc., Building Technologies (BT) is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable individual with a passion for helping to promote energy efficiency, understand the solution of data driven services and work within a dynamic zone environment. The Project Developer will be responsible for managing all activities required to successfully identify, scope and develop projects for energy services, data driven services, and other projects for customers, primarily in Southeast Zone. This successful candidate will serve as the lead for the assigned business development team and provide in-house support to the sales, engineering, construction, contracts and finance groups.
· Lead and/or drive development of Energy Services projects
· Work with teams to identify client infrastructure needs and goals to help qualify energy efficiency project opportunities
· Interact with the customer on all project development activities and functions
· Coordinate with Energy Engineers to conduct comprehensive energy and water audits of a wide range of facility types. Assess, communicate and uncover opportunities to mitigate project risk with the proposed projects
· Develop basis of design, scopes, estimates and final proposals reports (investment grade audits)
· Develop/enhance processes and tools for project development, implementation and performance period
Develop, coordinate and manage project support services including but not limited to: project design, budgeting and scheduling; pre-qualification, selection and management of development contractors; development and structuring project-related contracts; maintaining close contact with the customer; and production of customer deliverables.
· Work will include a wide range of activities including; energy data analysis, energy audits and engineering studies, comprehensive energy infrastructure construction and implementation contracts, comprehensive mechanical/electrical/plumbing implementation contracts, conceptual engineering design, forensic engineering evaluations of existing infrastructure and system/building commissioning
Project Development Responsibilities:
· Review and/or develop project opportunities centered on the BT Energy Services portfolio of offerings (i.e. CxA, Demand Flow).
· Understand of Total Energy Management
· Coordinate the structure, proposal document strategy and tactics with the Account Executive.
· Manage and coordinate the technical solution elements of the Development Team including:
· managing the proposal team consisting of an Account Executive, Energy Engineer(s)
· MBA or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, construction/project management or related degree required
· Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in developing, managing and implementing a range of Energy Services projects or related energy design build projects, including MEP construction and lighting projects
· Demonstrated successful team management skills with the ability to form, lead, coach and develop successful cross functional Project Development teams
· Energy Industry knowledge in developing energy conservation or management projects such as Cogeneration, Demand Side Management, Renewable energy technologies, Supply Side Management and HVAC energy reduction projects
· Experience in the overall integration of design engineering, construction, start-up/turnover and subsequent O&M of energy projects
· Experience in energy auditing
· Experience applying various incentive programs to support project financials (rebates, tax incentives, etc.
· Professional engineering registration preferred, CEM also preferred
· Experience with measurement and verification of savings
Project cost accounting and estimating experience a plus
· Excellent communication skills, oral and written, with the ability to clearly explain technical information internally and externally to customers
· Ability to effectively report status of projects and facilitate communication among and between project teams and stakeholders
· Strong computer skills and abilities, including Excel, MS Project and Word
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .