Siemens Rail Transport Mechanical Help Desk Support in West Palm Beach, Florida
Rail Transport Mechanical Help Desk Support
Locations:West Palm Beach, Florida
Job Family: Customer Services
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 226775
Primary Location: United States-Florida-West Palm Beach
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that hasstood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
As a Mechanical Help Desk Support professional, you will manage and monitor the day-to-day reliability and fleet performance of five train sets including 10 locomotives for Phase one project, and 21 locomotives with additional coaches to be added for phase two. You will help to manage the high availability of the fleet in adherence to our contractual obligations. Working closely with the onsite operations team, you will manage and track the day-to-day quality of the running maintenance and repair plus the technician workmanship of this fleet. You will manage, support, and be the main point-of-contact interfacing with the Customer to support the local onsite Mechanical Desk.
• Track and record all reported failures, delays, service request, customer amenities and quality concerns into the CORMAP Maintenance Management System
• Operate the mechanical desk by documenting daily calls, emails, fault notification procedures and other means of notification from crew personnel to include two-way radio communications between mechanical desk and Train Crew
• Communicate effectively to the train operator in order to facilitate prompt identification and rectification of faults for which notice has been provided via remote data systems. Also respond to the train crew when train maybe in faulty state, by providing remedial actions and simple troubleshooting steps
• Monitor the Remote Diagnostic Computer interface program to track and report all train system faults, and defects while in revenue service
• Provide the inputs to support onsite daily, weekly, and monthly performance reconciliation conversations with the customer – including data collection, analysis, and reporting, including participating in meetings and conversations with customer when requested to explain current fleet performance, incident reporting and closure, and active performance improvement projects
• Work with the local onsite team in understanding and closing all issues reported by the Customer or other means with inputs from the help desk and / or the service request process
• Possesses strong interpersonal skills and ability to work and lead projects with high visibility in a team environment
• Provide technical assistance to operations staff and assist the team in troubleshooting and repair of locomotives, coaches, and train sets
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Leadership experience / Excellent people management skills
• Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills
• Electrical or mechanical engineering degree or equivalent work experience
• Required experience: 3-5 years of working experience with a railroad or other technical agency
• Detailed knowledge of technical aspects of the rolling stock / depot
• You may be required to work the off shift in this position
• Must be willing to relocate to Orlando Florida (Phase Two)
• Required travel: 10%
• General knowledge and understanding of the Six Sigma process
• Advanced knowledge of IT systems / software
• Knowledge of RAMS standard and norms
• Experience with FRA relations
• Quality Certification
Qualified Applicants must show proof of being able to work in the United States
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .