Siemens Field Service Technician in Wasco, Oregon
Field Service Technician
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Business Unit: Wind Power and Renewables
Requisition Number: 227862
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Wasco
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc.
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Join one of the world’s leading suppliers of wind power solutions as a Field Service Technician for Wind Power Services!
Demand for electricity generated from renewable sources is growing fast, and Siemens has the answers. As one of the market leaders, we combine technological innovations, experience, and expertise to deliver readily available, one-stop solutions and have a proven track record of successfully delivering wind power projects on all continents.
The Wind Service Technician position is located in Wasco, Oregon. The position requires approximately up to 10% travel. Ability to work a flexible work schedule a must, along with the ability to analyze and resolve problems independently and efficiently. Ideal candidates will provide excellent service to our customers, have the ability to work in stressful, dangerous situations, and participate in the development of new field procedures and best practices.
Requirements for the position are:
- Up to 10% travel
• Must have minimum of 6 months training within the iron and metal industry or electrical field.
• Physically and mentally able to work suspended from heights and in confined spaces
• Flexible travel schedule
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 lbs or less as required by the equipment safety regulations
• Must pass a physical administered by a medical practioner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position
• Must have clean driving record and pass pre-hire drug screening
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Certification from a Renewable Energy or Wind Technical Program
Hands on work experience as a Field Service Technician at a Wind Power site
Relevant work experience e.g. electrical, mechanical, hydraulic maintenance/troubleshooting in a
military, industrial or automotive setting. Composite inspection and/or repair experience desired.
Preference given to those candidates with
• Certification from Renewable Energy or Wind Technical Program
• Minimum 6 months hands on work experience as a Field Service Technician at a Wind Power site.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .