Siemens Senior Energy Engineer - Bahrain and Camp Pendleton in United States
Senior Energy Engineer - Bahrain and Camp Pendleton
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Government Services
Business Unit: Government Services
Requisition Number: 223606
Primary Location: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs. The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well-established company.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemensgovt.com/
Siemens Government Technologies is seeking an Energy Engineer for technical audit, analysis and support the development of complex energy savings performance contracts (ESPC). This individual must have the engineering competency to identify and develop energy saving technical solutions in large institutional facilities.
• Site auditing to investigate existing mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing systems and document energy performance, including utility data and facility information.
• Identify opportunities for conservation or efficiency, prepare energy savings calculations and perform engineering assessment including baseline profiles, end-use and retrofit analysis.
• Work with development team to assist in qualifying project opportunity.
• Work with team to develop or review energy savings measurement and verification plan.
• Engineering development activities in support of construction, operations and maintenance of customer site projects as required by energy savings performance contracts.
• Analyze and prepare conceptual and detailed bid documents, cost estimates, drawings and specifications for energy efficient building technology and system measures.
• Coordinate with vendors and installation contractors for feasibility and pricing verification of proposed project modifications.
• Provide engineering guidance throughout development, construction, project commissioning, and operations, including proposals, technical reports, cost estimates and presentations.
• Compliance with company, industry, trade and jurisdictional safety standards, practices, codes.
• Ensure successful project implementation that meet or exceed company objectives, financial parameters, and technical needs required to deliver customer energy cost savings.
• Develop design concepts and other written documentation to sales and management concerning recommended ECMs, including accurate descriptions, savings potential, cost estimates and back up data to verify ECMs.
• Support the technical writing and presentation of preliminary and detail audit proposal documents.
• BSME or equivalent four year technical engineering degree with 5+ years’ energy efficiency and/or renewable technology project development and implementation work experience.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and quantify energy savings and implement complex projects involving chiller and boiler plants, motors, VSDs, HVAC retrofit and distributed generation projects.
• Knowledge of measurement and verification, project cost estimating and accounting desired.
• Financial planning/budget experience with ability to develop a business case helpful.
• Professional registration or educational progress toward PE, CEM, LEED.
• Proficiency with building simulation and related software.
• Excellent verbal, written and computer communication and technical presentation skills.
Candidate must be US citizen and have the ability to obtain a US federal agency security clearance if later required.
* Candidates with ability to work from remote location within the United States to be considered
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .