Siemens PreSales Solutions Consultant II - USA Remote in United States
PreSales Solutions Consultant II - USA Remote
Locations:Michigan, United States
Job Family: Sales
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 226289
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Presales Solutions Consultant II
Position Overview – USA Remote located is an option
An experienced Presales consultant is required to join the LCS technical team to provide support to prospects and customers. Demand for ALM, and specifically Polarion, expertise is growing as more customers look to evaluate Polarion products, and expand their solutions into the ALM/PLM domain.
This position is specifically concerned with the Polarion portfolio, covering Application Lifecycle Management, Requirements Management and the Quality Assurance solution.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
The role will require the delivery of expertise in the application of the Polarion portfolio for the ALM domain, in the form of PreSales support to customers anywhere in USA.
• Be skilled in presenting and demonstrating Polarion in a sales pursuit, in the context of a particular customer’s business needs, with an emphasis on business value
• Work with customers in a consultative mode to assist in their deployments and further implementation of the solutions, including delivery of training
• Maintain a good level of understanding of ALM market in target industries, and of how Polarion can address associated business challenges
• Respond promptly and professionally to requests for support from Portfolio Development and Sales, maintaining a schedule of commitments. Support requests could include, demo, benchmarks, responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) etc.
• Competitive Analysis and feedback on market trends and development to the Portfolio Development and Sales Management
• Have a clear and up-to-date understanding of Polarion capabilities and limitations, and be able to clearly communicate to Product Development any gaps that have an impact on customer success and work effectively to achieve capability improvements
Must currently reside in the continental USA and:
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the
Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored
work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United
• Bachelor’s Degree or Masters in engineering or related technical discipline
• Knowledge of various ALM methodologies, such as Agile, using in software development environments
• Knowledge of ALM tools, ideally Polarion, and a good understanding of software management is essential.
• Experience in PreSales or Service/consulting roles, preferable in the software industry
• Programming skills (C++, Java or others) and technical understanding
• Presentation skills - comfortable in all levels in a company. Present to project and department leaders as well as to the executives and C-Level.
• Self-supporting, able to work without supervision, able to travel away for short periods
• Proven ability to solve problems in difficult situations
• Able to travel, up to 50% of your time, throughout Americas Region
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• High level of initiative, teamwork, flexibility, willing to learn
• Able to deliver compelling, well-structured, value-based demonstrations
• Good consultative inter-personal style of communication
• Ability to quickly understand and assess customer needs
• English spoken and written to a high level of proficiency
• Spanish is a plus
• Industry knowledge in Systems Engineering, Embedded Development, Automotive, Aerospace, Automation, Electronic Engineering or medical technology are beneficial
• Some knowledge of PLM would be desirable.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .