Siemens Jr. Software Engineer (C++) in United States
Jr. Software Engineer (C++)
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 225136
Primary Location: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
The Software Engineer will work on a large commercial CAD application in the area of integrating Solid Edge CAD. The employee will perform software design and software programming for the Solid Edge CAD product with focus on surpassing customer expectations and achieving high quality and on-time delivery. The position requires performing all of the SDLC steps of software design. The employee will create, document and execute software designs for focused product areas. Some customer interaction may be required.
• Contribute individually or in a team as needed to meet the requirements of various projects.
• Maintain existing software code and resolves customer and internally reported problems.
• Write clean, robust and maintainable code to minimize the cost of defects over time.
• Work with customers to understand and improve existing code for their area.
• Follow the various steps in the SDLC process including writing design documents and coding.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
• Must have a strong knowledge of C++. Minimum of 2+ years of programming experience or course work in C++.
• Knowledge of advanced data structures, object oriented analysis and design.
• Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows programming environment.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Familiarity with C#, Windows batch, PowerShell, InstallShield or SQL would be a plus.
• Product development experience will be a plus, as will familiarity with the software development life cycle.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .