Siemens Rail Electrification Testing & Commissioning Engineer in Tualatin, Oregon
Rail Electrification Testing & Commissioning Engineer
Job Family: Engineering
Business Unit: Turnkey Projects & Electrification
Requisition Number: 222340
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Tualatin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 100%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
The Rail Electrification Testing and Commissioning Engineer provides the highest quality commissioning, operational and performance testing of completed rail installations in a manufacturing setting. In this role, you will focus on the delivery timescales at budgeted cost without compromising the quality of product or service.The T&C Engineer shall be required to have a good understanding of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality principles and procedures.The T&C Engineer will report to the Systems Testing & Commissioning Manager. This position is located in our beautiful Tualatin Oregon location
· Ensuring the safe commissioning, operating and performance testing of completed installations to achieve the necessary plant performance in accordance with the project requirements
· Develop and maintain constructive, co-operative working relationships with the Customer and external approved suppliers to ensure the success of the project. Engender this approach within team members and colleagues
· Ensure sufficient detailed integrated plans are developed, and assess progress against them, to effectively control operations on site and provide the necessary level of project reporting
· Ensure delivery of all T&C deliverables and documentation in a timely manner
· Monitor risks and issues that could affect or are affecting project delivery and facilitate their clearance
· Liaise with the Commercial Project Manager(s) to ensure that change, delays, disruption, completion, defects or other commercial aspects are dealt with where required
· Escalate and report issues to the Systems Testing and Commissioning Manager, Technical Manager or Head of Engineering as soon as such become apparent
· Provide support to the Engineering team that covers cross discipline work streams to provide an integrated solution for the customer
· Management of technical interfaces
· Provide technical support to all Project Manager(s) as required
· Maintain effective communications with all project participants to ensure contract delivery
· Ability to apply technical knowledge in analyzing problems and creating innovative solutions
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Flexible approach to work, and ability to prioritize and manage your time effectively
· Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgments
· Conduct Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), Design / Type Testing, Factory Integration Testing (FIT) and Field / Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) as required
· Willingness to travel across the USA
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Technical diploma (minimum)
· B.S. Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering (desired)
· Master of Science (MSc) degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering (preferred)
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in installation, test and commissioning activity
· Minimum 5 years’ experience working Within the Rail Electrification market
· Track record of successful project delivery
· Demonstrable in-depth knowledge and experience of AC and / or DC rail electrification schemes, particularly distribution assets
· Experienced in System integration of OLE, Switchgear, SCADA, Telecoms, M & E, Traction Power within the Rail environment
· Proficient in discipline specific ANSI / IEEE and NEMA standards
· Experience within a contracting or manufacturer industry
· Has an understanding of interfaces between engineering disciplines involved in the project.
· Understands and has the time to undertake the role.
· Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
· Good communication and inter personal skills and be able to effectively communicate and report at all levels
· Demonstrable in-depth knowledge of and experience applying Lock & Tagout systems to create a "safe system of work"
· Demonstrable in-depth knowledge of and experience applying earthing equipment to create a "safe system of work"
· Demonstrable in-depth knowledge of and experience with the following Siemens products is an advantage:
o 8DA10, 8DA11 and 8DA12 Gas-insulated Switchgear (GIS)
o Sitras® TCR thyristor rectifier
o Sitras® REC diode rectifier
o Sitras® DSG DC switchgear
o Sitras® PRO DC micro-processor protection relay
o Sitras® SCD short-circuiting device
o Sitras® SCS station controller
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Visio)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
B.S. Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering
M.S Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .