Siemens Sr. DevOps Engineer in Tarrytown, New York
Sr. DevOps Engineer
Multiple Locations:Mountain View, California; Malvern, Pennsylvania; Hoffman Estates, Illinois; Issaquah, Washington; Ann Arbor, Michigan; Cary, North Carolina; Newark, Delaware; Tarrytown, New York
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 224736
Primary Location: United States-California-Mountain View
Other Locations: United States-New York-Tarrytown, United States-Delaware-Newark, United States-North Carolina-Cary, United States-Michigan-Ann Arbor, United States-Washington-Issaquah, United States-Illinois-Hoffman Estates, United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
We are looking for an experienced senior DevOps engineer to design/develop our CI/CD pipelines for multiple products. You will have the opportunity to work with latest cloud technologies and develop comprehensive DevOps solutions. The ideal candidate should have in-depth knowledge of DevOps and hands-on experience in programming.
· Design, develop and manage the CI/CD pipelines for multiple products
· Design and develop applications to monitor and assess system performance for internal external stakeholders
· Configure and use Azure cloud services
· Analyze and improve efficiency, performance, scalability, stability and security of various systems
· Continuously optimize processes and update documentation as necessary for CI/CD
· Liaise with internal customers and external collaborators on technical requirements
· Understanding of application lifecycle management tools such as VSTS.
· Design and implement software tools and test programs to validate product features and functionalities
· Participate in daily standups and working in an agile development environment
Required Knowledges/ Skills, Education and Experience:
· 7+ years of experience with CI/ CD
· 6+ years of professional software development experience a must
· Have a good working knowledge of container technologies (Docker and Kubernetes) and Microservices architecture.
· Strong hands-on experience in scripting languages such as PowerShell or Python.
· Proficient in C# or Java programming language
· Proficient in SQL/ DB technologies
· Proficient in one or more software development environments such as MS Team Foundation Server, Git, MS Visual Studio Team Service
· Proficient in System Engineering/ Networking
· Good understanding of the development processes
· Hands-on experience in Web and API automation using tools like Visual Studio and Microsoft Azure
· Ability to articulate complex technical concepts and tailor the discussion to multiple audiences.
· Ability to work independently and own projects from conception to release
· Ability to quickly prototype components to confirm design trade-offs and subsequently translate to robust specifications and product quality components
· Strong team work skills, ability to learn quickly, excellent written and verbal communication.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or some other related field
· Development experiences in FDA regulated environment
· Experience in healthcare domain with knowledge of standards and protocols such as HL7, DICOM, XDS and IHE
· Deeply cares about best software engineering practices and code quality, including good code architecture, clean interfaces, test coverage, performance benchmarking, and performance optimizations and software security
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .