Siemens Head Mechanical Engineering in Tarrytown, New York
Head Mechanical Engineering
Locations:Tarrytown, New York
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 222381
Primary Location: United States-New York-Tarrytown
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
The Head of, Mechanical Engineering, will provide the engineering leadership for all Mechanical Engineering design development projects within Lab Diagnostics (LD), Global Engineering Organization (GEO) for Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics, Inc. This is a high visibility strategically critical position within LD GEO.
Plans and directs all aspects of Mechanical Engineering Development activities within a multi-site department of approximately 60 people. Responsible for quality, timeliness and costs of all Mechanical Engineering designs for all development projects within LD GEO. This position requires a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and 20 years of experience in mechanical engineering activities and leadership. Candidate must demonstrate expertise in Mechanical Engineering field (Mechatronics, Materials and Manufacturing Engineering), advanced development methodologies, advanced PLM tools practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to review engineering plans and assess engineering team readiness to accomplish goals. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Preempts potential problems and provides effective solutions in reaction to application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, or processes. Display original thinking in applying principles, theories, and concepts on a wide range of problems within the field of Mechanical Engineering. Works closely with the Heads of Electrical Systems, Controls and Firmware Engineering, Reliability Engineering, Test Engineering and Software Applications Engineering to monitor and align any unresolved resource bottlenecks as priorities and projects timelines change. Responsible for the quality of deliverables to manufacturing.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Ensures compliance to all verification and testing procedures and policies of product development applicable to the product development scope.
• Successfully defines work flows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness of the Mechatronics and Structure engineering group.
• Ensures resources are available for all mechanical engineering activities.
• Responsible for directing and managing all Mechanical Engineering activities. Ensures compliance to all verification and testing procedures and policies of product development applicable to the product development scope.
• Manage cost center spending, budgets and interface with R&D project leadership for resource demands, schedule, metrics, etc.
• Lead continuous functional excellence improvement efforts for Mechanical Engineering.
• Drive complete and full integration of Mechanical Engineering Development Teams across sites; this includes not only procedural harmonization but best practice, tool usage, resource sharing, and actual daily practice.
• Drive complete and full integration of Mechatronics and Structure engineering across sites; this includes not only procedural harmonization but best practice, tool usage, resource sharing, and actual daily practice.
• Travel commensurate to develop and maintain a cross-site Development function.
• Must be able to provide leadership and drive continuous improvement
• Ability to evaluate, review and critique Mechanical Engineering design.
• Strong knowledge of Product Development Process and Design Control
• Senior-level (director) experience in a large global corporate matrix environment
• Attention to quality in all initiatives
• Working understanding of DfSS, Design Optimization and Robustness, Knowledge Briefs (K-Briefs) and Knowledge Gap Analysis is strongly preferred.
• Champion of Reliability Engineering
• Knowledge of GMP for tooling, molding, design and process methods.
• Demonstrated success leading highly empowered teams and working with a diverse group of people at every level in an organization
• Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid professional relationships with subordinates, peers, and management
• Working knowledge of Set Based Design is highly desirable.
• Strategic project management skills - with a strong emphasis on customer projects
• Experience designing medical devices or automation equipment is strongly preferred.
• In depth knowledge and application of investigative research and analysis
• Creativity in organizational approaches to engineering solutions/issues
• Experience with new technologies and approaches in the field
• The ability to relate well and establish credibility employees and executive management.
• Demonstrated excellent performance and documented high potential for future assignments at senior levels in GEO.
• Bachelor’s Degree with 20 +years of experience in Mechanical Engineering / R&D.
• Masters or PhD a plus.
This description is not intended to document all aspects of the role; other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .