Siemens Technical Writer-Information Developer Advanced in St. Louis, Missouri
Technical Writer-Information Developer Advanced
Multiple Locations:Troy, Michigan; Ann Arbor, Michigan; St. Louis, Missouri; Livonia, Michigan; Cincinnati, Ohio
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 222437
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Troy
Other Locations: United States-Ohio-Cincinnati, United States-Michigan-Livonia, United States-Missouri-St. Louis, United States-Michigan-Ann Arbor
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
This position is on the Teamcenter Manufacturing and Tecnomatix documentation team in the Learning Media Development organization. In this position, your main focus will be to create documentation for manufacturing applications associated with the Teamcenter product. You will work closely with product and development managers, subject matter experts, other information developers, and editors to ensure your materials are clear and concise along with being process focused and task oriented. You will analyze specifications and user stories in order to create the needed content to enhance the learning experience of our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan, develop, and maintain new and existing Teamcenter Manufacturing documentation.
• Learn the assigned Teamcenter Manufacturing product areas, conducts research, and becomes a subject-matter expert in those areas.
• Use XML content-authoring tools to create and maintain technical information products.
• Communicate project progress to managers and stakeholders through meetings and status updates.
• Work closely with internal and external teams to develop and track deliverables.
• Lead projects of moderate size, complexity, and importance.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Detailed experience in creating task-based, user-focused technical content.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively communicate in one-to-one and group situations, as well as in remote work groups.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to constant change.
• At least 5 years of relevant experience and a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a technical or related field.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Working knowledge of several main end-user Teamcenter applications.
• Experience with Teamcenter Manufacturing applications greatly desired.
• Experience in developing high-quality technical content based on business processes.
• Experience in working directly with Siemens PLM customers who have implemented Teamcenter.
• Experience developing technical documentation in an Agile environment.
• US Eastern Time zone location preferred due to working closely with development teams located in Israel and India.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .