Siemens Sr. Java Developer in St. Louis, Missouri
Sr. Java Developer
Multiple Locations:Milford, Ohio; St. Louis, Missouri
Job Family: Information Technology
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 224645
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Milford
Other Locations: United States-Missouri-St. Louis
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation,quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company,Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap businessopportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Siemens PLM Software is seeking an experienced Senior Java Developer to join an international team responsible for developing, maintaining and enhancing a global initiative supporting key business processes. The focus of the role is to consult with web application developers, business analysts, and system engineers to ensure the consistent deployment and accessibility of internal and externally facing web applications.
• Develop, test and modify web application systems, including scripts, monitoring, tool setup and administration
• Able to interpret business requirements and programming specifications to write Java programs that solve business needs.
• Develop, test, and deploy scalable web applications
• Strong understanding of web architecture and deployment
• Maintain technology expertise, keeping current with evolving systems analysis, programming and database technology
• Provide application support
RequiredKnowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 5+ years’ experience in Java software development
• Experience building highly scalable, high performance, highly integrated web applications.
• Solid experience in Springboot / Spring, Hibernate
• Experience building RESTful APIs (design, maintenance, consumption)
• Demonstrate understanding of microservice architecture
• Solid command of Object Oriented programming and systems analysis procedures
• Experience in development and use of web services (i.e. SOAP, REST)
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrates strong debugging, problem solving and investigativeskills.
• Works well independently and requires little or no supervision.
• Ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, roles and geographical time zones
PreferredKnowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Familiarity with Jira, Fisheye, Splunk
• Familiarity with Weblogic, Perl, AJAX, JSON
• Familiarity with development tools and build systems like Eclipse, Ant, Maven, Bamboo
• Familiarity with SAP
• Understanding of secure programming concepts
• Experience with automated unit and integration testing
• A solid understanding of impacts of DNS, Firewalls, and proxy servers on web application architecture and performance
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .