Siemens Administrative Assistant in Schenectady, New York
Locations:Schenectady, New York
Job Family: Internal Services
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Digital Grid Solutions & Services
Requisition Number: 223237
Primary Location: United States-New York-Schenectady
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing proactive and collaborative administrative support primarily to the Siemens PTI Power Systems Consulting Team. This role is the main point of contact for the administrative requirements of their assigned internal customers. Provides excellent customer service by establishing effective and respectful working relationships with internal and external customers through communication via email, mail, telephone, in person, with customers or company employees and project teams.
The Administrative Assistant will communicate effectively at all organizational levels in a variety of formats and styles.
· Cross trains, supports and functions as the back up for the Schenectady site administrative team.
· Consults with Siemens PTI Power Systems Consulting and Leadership Team to identify and understand reporting, data processing and overall support requirements.
· Assists with and/or creates bids, orders, quotes, inputting, faxing, disseminating communications, miscellaneous correspondence and maintaining data bases as required.
· Manages/coordinates the storage, dissemination of various reports that may be confidential, financial, statistical and technical in nature.
· Creates, manages, coordinates and updates complex spreadsheets and other documents required for the business.
· The role will be proactive in identifying areas of support applicable to customer requirements.
· Supports the team by attending/participating in staff meetings as necessary.
· Drives accuracy of data through audits, follow-up and reviews of discrepancies. Requests clarification or advises supervisor of issues related to data and performs verification. Routes complex issues and questions respectively to
· Qualified technology consultants and/or management.
· Processes incoming orders, inquiries and/or requests regarding consulting services
· Manages orders for assigned customers, manages and files clients’ information in the system.
· Cooperates with clients and sales representatives to clarify orders and issues with SFDC.
· Prepare, compose, and edits complex memos, documents and other correspondence.
· Prepare presentations, reports, spreadsheets and other documents. Maintain database information.
· Support the PSC department pipeline by processing all Opportunity Assessment and Sales Order Forms, assign proposal numbers, in SalesForce.com.
· Maintain department records for proposals, calculation sheets, change orders and any other proposal-related documentation. Also maintains booking and credit tracking for the department
· Maintain PSC department archives for all reports, experience summaries, and any other project deliverables
· Support PSC department-specific third-party software license purchase and maintenance
· The role requires consistent application of business acumen and specialized technical knowledge, including a comprehensive understanding of their customer supports needs and the technology used by the team
Other Requirements and Attributes:
· Outstanding customer service skills, strong work ethic and meticulous attention to details
· At least 5 years of related experience
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
· Strong ability to multitask, prioritize work, and problem solve
· Partner focused, proactive and effective within a team environment
· Demonstrated financial acumen from a profit and loss perspective
· Advance PC proficiency in software applications to include MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Outlook. Experience with MS Project,SalesForce.com and SAP preferred
· Works effectively with minimal supervision.
· Ability to identify and maintain confidential information.
· Completes projects and special assignments in accordance with established objectives and timelines as well, as managing time and gaining cooperation of others.
· Able to multi-task and prioritize while taking direction from multiple different sources.
· Proactive in finding effective solutions for this role to manage tasks assigned and assist the team in streamlining their clerical functions, creating efficiencies.
· Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills.
· Independent judgment is required to plan, organize, and prioritize a busy and diversified workload.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .