Siemens Transportation Logistics Manager in Sacramento, California
Transportation Logistics Manager
Job Family: SCM-Procurement / Logistics & ECC
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 226969
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Mobility, Rolling Stock manufactures locomotives, passenger coaches and light railway vehicles in an engineer-to-order, project environment. We are seeking a knowledgeable and committed Transportation LogisticsManager to ensure timely delivery of material from suppliers and delivery of finished vehicles to our customers.
The Transportation Logistics Manager will be responsible for providing direction and leadership for day to day execution of all transportation and external logistics activities.
Key Job Responsibilities
· Ensure shipments from suppliers are picked up and delivered on time to meet production demand.
· Ensure import/export compliance.
· Manage delivery of finished railway vehicles to end customers. Modes of transportation include rail and heavy haul OTR permit loads.
· Manage the equipment capacity planning that is associated with final product shipments i.e., trailers, flat cars, tie down equipment, etc.
· Monitor and provide constant update on the status of shipments and movement of material in the supply chain.
· Manage outbound packaging and shipping of field parts and supplier returns.
· Manager freight carrier relationships and identify opportunities for cost reduction.
· Review transportation functions and identify areas for improvement.
· Define and gather all the requisite inputs from Project Management and prepare estimated logistics costs for new project bids. Monitor budget performance and report risks and opportunities to commercial project team.
· Maintain department KPIs along with benchmarks and targets to provide a clear indication of department performance, trends, and potential problem areas.
· Manage freight bill authorization process and ensure payments are made in timely manner.
· Ensure all employees are adequately trained and are competent to perform their assigned tasks.
· Conduct employee performance reviews and provide meaningful feedback for employee development.
· Identify and implement improvements in overall workflow and standard work practices.
· Promote a safe environment and meet safety requirements complying with company policies and regulations.
· Complete other duties and responsibilities as required.
Education and Experience
· Bachelors degree in a related field or equivalent experience
· Minimum 7 years experience in related industry
· Minimum 5 years of management and knowledge of shipping and transportation.
· Knowledge of Export Control and Customs and Foreign Trade Data Regulations.
· Familiarity and understanding of hazardous shipments and CFR49
· Knowledge of DOT/Federal Motor Carrier rules and regulations.
· Familiarity with ERP systems and also freight bill audit/payment software such as CASS.
· Proficient in MS Office suite.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities across projects.
· Ability to drive accountability and results.
· Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical and problem solving skills.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Able to collaborate and work effectively with others, as well as independently.
· Ability to make sound business and production decisions when faced with a degree of ambiguity and complexity.
· Demonstrates understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, performance management, and disciplinary actions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .