Siemens Supplier Quality Professional in Sacramento, California
Supplier Quality Professional
Job Family: Quality Management
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 225913
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Mobility is looking for a Supplier Quality Professional with a very strong fabricated and welded parts background to lead problem and issue resolution on supplier parts. This job includes responding to process and part quality issues to ensure robust and effective fabrication and assembly operations, and delivery of high quality parts to the vehicle assembly line. The position directly reports to Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock Supplier Quality Manager, selected candidate will be an individual contributor with no direct reports.
• Supplier quality management for a broad variety of fabricated, welded and coated parts provided by Siemens suppliers.
• Develop methods for inspection, testing, sampling and training.
• Initiate non-conformances, corrective actions and perform root cause analysis.
• Review and Inspect parts per fabrication drawings.
• Reviews receiving inspection reports, certificates of compliance and conformance and related test reports to determine validity.
• Lead problem solving efforts in a technical, interdisciplinary approach
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent
• At least 2-3 years of experience with machined, fabricated and welded parts in Rail Industry.
• Experience and competence of 2 yrs. in using calipers, micrometers, protractors, measuring tape, thickness gauges, gloss meters etc.
• 25% travel requirement including some international travel.
• Experience problem solver as an individual and leading a group, soft skills should include highly credible team player based on related experience and strong written, verbal communication skills, patient, action oriented, and able to utilize resources outside quality area.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States.
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States .
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
• Prefer Certified Quality Engineer(CQE)
• 5 years of experience in welding, laser cutting, bending and coating processes preferred
• Prefer specific exposure to stainless steel fabrication parts and complex assemblies.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .