Siemens Regional Area Head Real Estate Services- in Sacramento, California
Regional Area Head Real Estate Services-
Job Family: Real Estate
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 227444
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
At Siemens Mobility we are working together to create the world’s leader in rail transport. As our Regional Head of Real Estate Management – responsible for various countries on the American continent, you will lead the effort to identify, secure and manage the land and the environments where we create, collaborate, build and work. Your expertise will be evident as you oversee acquisitions, development, debt financing, construction management, asset- and property management, dispositions and more. The majority of the portfolio is in the USA, but we are present in other countries e.g. Canada, Argentina, Colombia, Brazil etc. This role is based in the USA (Sacramento or Alpharetta, alternatively New York) but you’ll also get to travel within the US and to other countries in America, also overseas so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come. Can you help us prepare for the future? Come be a Real Estate Future Maker with Siemens!
• Asset- and property management of the corporate real estate portfolio
• Support and / or lead various transaction and construction (maintenance) projects
• Lead a competent and professional team
• Manage leases e.g. payments, contract interpretation, adds and changes
• Local tenant relationship management
• Align with tenant on mid and long term real estate requirements
• Local real estate lifecycle maintenance and customer demand
• Develop maintenance planning, support applications and execution
• Interface to customer (country, business unit etc.)
• Negotiate and align net rent with customer
• Define and supply services to customers
• Implementation of Mobility REM pricing model according to guidelines (net rent adaption, evaluate pricing impact of maintenance projects)
• Oversee, review and control locations in regards to employee health and safety, security and maintenance
• Discuss and align space requirements, opex and services with customer
and identify optimization potential
• Ensure evaluation of local employee health and safety-aspects and -risks
• Ensure implementation of circulars, notes and instructions in the Hub
• Drive safety, security and sustainability initiatives
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• A degree in the area of real estate (MSc or MBA) or other advance real estate related degree
• Minimum 10 years of professional experience with responsibility in real estatefunctions
• Strong experience in multiple corporate real estate disciplines e.g asset management, property management, Facility management, Procurement of real estate services & legal aspects
• Ability to lead team, projects & processes
• Good customer orientation, articulation and communication skills.
• Possess self-confidence and ambition
• A result-/solution-oriented, well-structured, diligent and a dedicated team player with strong analytical skills
• Willing to take ownership and able to work under pressure (able to meet deadlines)
• Very good English skills
• Willingness to relocate to Sacramento California, Alpharetta Georgia or New York
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Rail Industry knowledge and experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .