Siemens Financial Analyst in Rural Hall, North Carolina
Locations:Rural Hall, North Carolina
Job Family: Finance
Division: Power Generation Services
Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 228313
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Rural Hall
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit:
Winston Salem, NC
Are you searching for your next challenge? The Winston Salem Service Center Financial Team is responsible for financial integrity, high customer rankings and continuous improvement within Power Generation Services. We are looking for a business minded analyst who can thrive in a dynamic environment. Are you ready to take the next step?
As a Financial Analyst you will be responsible for the following:
• Perform analysis and reporting to support the Siemens Winston Service Center’s operations including forecasting, margin analyses, inventory analysis, month end closing, cost center variance analyses, month end, interim reporting, account reconciliations, and general business support for the facility
• Assist in developing excel file analyses and, on occasion, Powerpoint presentations to support forecasting, variance analyses, and audit support
• Support Operations in review of and compliance with financial internal controls for purchasing, accounts payable, and fixed asset transactions.
• Review capital appropriation requests to ensure the business benefit is properly stated.
• Review cost savings initiatives developed by the Operations Team for reasonableness.
Required Knowledge, Education, and Experience:
What you will need to know and have done to be successful?
• BS/BA in Accounting from accredited University
• 8 + years of successful experience in financial planning / analysis, operations cost accounting or similar cost related field
• Strong accounting and financial analysis background
• Ability to work with others to handle a variety of projects independently or with minimal direct supervision
• Proficient in Excel
• Ability and willingness to work overtime, at month end and during the month
• Flexibility and the ability to adapt to a changing environment with very demanding deadlines
• Excellent communication & teamwork/networking skills
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Move to the lead of the pack if you have:
• Working knowledge of SAP is a plus
• Financial Analyst or Business Analyst experience at a Manufacturing Plant
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .