Siemens Tax Compliance Professional in Reston, Virginia
Tax Compliance Professional
Job Family: Finance
Division: Government Services
Business Unit: Government Services
Requisition Number: 226759
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Reston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs. The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well-established company.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemensgovt.com/
Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) is seeking a highly experienced individual for a position as a Tax Accountant located in Reston, VA. SGT is a dynamic and rapidly growing organization. We are seeking a self-driven individual to support the business in regards to Global Tax compliance, Currency Management, and Bonding/Guarantees. This role is expected to provide comprehensive financial support and implementation of tax controls and reconciliations. As a Tax Accountant you will work with internal and external tax consultants, hedging foreign currency risk, processing and reconciling bonding requests and reporting & analysis. This highly visible position requires regular interaction with internal and external customers as well as senior level staff members across multiple departments.
· Support the preparation of project pricing calculations and documentation in regards to currency and tax issues.
· Establish and maintain detailed reconciliations that show the position for each taxable and foreign transaction.
· Work with Internal and External Tax support to minimize risk exposure due to tax nationally and internationally. Includes State Tax, Permanent Establishment, and Value Added Tax (VAT).
· Work with Siemens Treasury and Financial Services to minimize risk exposure due to currency. Includes purchasing and reconciling of hedging instruments.
· Working with Siemens Financial Services, will be responsible for the purchasing and reconciling of bonding and guarantees required by contract.
· Establish and maintain detailed bank reconciliations for local and foreign held accounts.
· Prepare risk and opportunity assessments; develop and execute plan to mitigate risks.
· Prepare ad hoc project reporting and analysis as required.
· Support internal and external audits.
· Ensure project accounting is compliant with Siemens and Government accounting standards.
· Adhere to company policies and procedures.
· Apply defined business controls required to support Siemens guidelines, compliance, and level of authority requirements.
· Coordinate activities with support teams including Corporate Accounting, IT, HR, Contracts, and Supply Chain Management.
· Must be a U.S. Citizen with no dual citizenship status or ties to any other country.
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or related discipline, MBA a plus.
· 5 – 8 years of experience relating to Tax Compliance at the state and international levels.
· Experience in currency management and reconciliations.
· Strong organizational and analytical skills.
· Detail oriented and ability to prioritize work and multitask effectively.
· Ability to work well in both a team setting and independently.
· Capable of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and motivated to drive change and foster an environment to help achieve business results.
· Communicate effectively with all levels of management both orally and in written form.
· Advanced level MS Excel skills with the ability to design complex models.
Candidate must be a US citizen and will be subject to a government security investigation to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information if required at a later date.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .