Siemens Software Engineer PLM Innovation & Rearch - Milford, OH or Plano, TX in Plano, Texas
Software Engineer PLM Innovation & Rearch - Milford, OH or Plano, TX
Multiple Locations:Milford, Ohio; Plano, Texas
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 224553
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Milford
Other Locations: United States-Texas-Plano
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Objective of the Position
The Siemens PLM Innovation and Research team is looking for passionate Software Engineers to help create the next generation of PLM software products tackling a variety of problems like Data Wrangling, Microservices, Declarative Client, plus many more. As a key member of the Innovation and Research team, you will have the unique opportunity to shape and build a brand new product offering from Siemens while getting hands on experience integrating with many Siemens PLM products.
You will be part of a strong team in a fast-paced, start-up like environment where agile development is embraced and innovation is encouraged. At Siemens, every Software engineer has the opportunity to positively impact millions of customers and you will be called on to identify and realize these opportunities. Siemens is a high growth organization working on products and software that is changing the world. Be part of this fantastic new opportunity and inspiring culture of relentless innovation towards Ingenuity for Life.
Primary Accountabilities of the Role
The person in this role will be developing software in the Innovation and Research team. The software development activity could be prototype code, researching an emerging technology, developing applications and microservices, testing harnesses, DevOps pipeline steps, and cloud development technology. The person in this role will be on an Agile Scrum team, and will participate a daily scrum meeting, updating story tasks, and providing daily updates to the team.
Where the position fits in the organization
This position would be in the Innovation and Research team. The Innovation and Research team is within the LCS organization under the Business Driven Innovation and Research Organization.
Additional responsibilities include
• Documenting design, testing, or story details for a proposed implementation of a software feature or service.
• Reporting out research findings to the broader team or organization.
• Mentoring interns or junior developers.
Job tasks include
• Implementing software ideas
• Writing stories for software implementations
• Writing test code for validating software implementations
• Developing DevOps pipeline steps and/or DevOps tooling
• Agile Scrum activities (daily scrum, updating stories and tasks, sprint reviews)
• Research into a new software technology
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience (Pre-requisites and Essential Functions)
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• 2+ years professional experience in software development building production software systems
• Solid Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, and problem solving
• Proficiency in a modern programming language, preferably in C#
• Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced, dynamic, agile development environment.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience (Pre-requisites and Essential Functions)
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices
• Knowledge of Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, Google)
• Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed
• Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
• Experience with UI/UX design for complex workflows and/or for technical end users / domain experts
• Experience building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Active on Github or StackOverflow
• Comfortable with the Linux command line and Git
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience leading and mentoring junior software engineers, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Understanding of microservice development and best practices
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .