Siemens Mindsphere Associate Software Engineer in Plano, Texas
Mindsphere Associate Software Engineer
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 227385
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Plano
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Siemens PLM US Talent Acquisition
We are seeking passionate and enthusiastic associate software developers to join
the Software team at Siemens. You will have the unique opportunity to
work on the world’s largest IoT platform – MindSphere using cloud
technologies (AWS / Azure). Come join our startup culture and
participate in designing, developing and delivering the next generation
of Solutions on MindSphere.
You will be part of a highly innovative fast-paced development team,
delivering commercial solutions targeted towards Holistic
Digitalization, with analytics to help improve Resource Efficiency,
Productivity& Sustainability. The solutions will be based on
MindSphere Platform, MindApps and other applications as needed.
As a high-performing member of the team, you are responsible and
• Work with cross-functional teams and stake holders to develop
products and solutions.
• Design, develop and test software solutions based on requirements and
architectural /design guidelines with high quality.
• Adopt and leverage best practices for development, testing and
• Contribute towards development of Test framework and implement
unit/automation/ integration tests.
• Contribute to the automated CI/CD development and implementation.
• Maintenance of features/ functionalities.
• Ensure solution addresses security requirements of product.
• Ensure integration and submission of solution into software
configuration management system, within committed delivery timelines.
• Continuous learning and growing.
• Work in the office as part of a co-located Agile team.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other STEM
discipline supplemented with real world programming experience.
Agile Process Experience: 1 or more years in an Agile development
Software Development Experience: 2+ years with
• Strong object-oriented design and coding skills (Java/C# and/or C+on a UNIX or Linux/Windows Platform).
• Strong software development back ground including data structures and
test driven development (TDD).
• Strong analytical skills and problem solving capabilities.
• Proficiency in Web technologies including Vue.js, Angular JS,
• Experience working with unittesting frameworks like JUnit, Selenium,
AWS / Azure Experience: 1 or more years of
• Proficiency in developing and deploying cloud based solution using
AWS or Azure.
• Understanding of core AWS/Azure services, uses, and basic
architecture best practices.
Business and Collaborative skills:
• Ability to learn / dive into the technology trends and to explore
them in practice to implement PoC.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Self-Directed, High Energy and desire to innovate.
It is highly desirable that the candidate possess one or more of the
• Knowledge of automated testing approaches.
• Knowledge/Experience in IoT and big data & analytics.
• Experience in Hadoop and Micro Services.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .