Siemens Service Operations Manager - Building Automation Solutions in Pelham, Alabama
Service Operations Manager - Building Automation Solutions
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 231269
Primary Location: United States-Alabama-Pelham
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens is seeking an experienced Building Technologies Operations Manager to lead our field Building Automation, Fire Life Safety and Security Service business lines. The Operations Manager directs the activity of staff, including the work of Service Project Managers, Client Service Managers, Engineering Specialists, and Service Specialists. This role may also take on project management or high-level account management duties for larger customers.
· Plan, organize, direct, and control all building automation, fire life safety and security service operations activities on assigned portfolio, including projects, service agreements, and time and material scopes of work.
· Advise management on local operations planning including resource hiring, development and allocation, financial forecasting, monitoring, and issue resolution planning.
· Manage revenue and gross margin to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual business objectives. Monitor portfolio status and control associated costs to achieve margin targets as well as networking capital / free cash flow.
· Direct and supervise the development of service work to ensure customer commitments are met within estimated budgets. Ensure schedules are maintained and scopes of work proceed in accordance with contract requirements and customer expectations.
· Provide technical and operational support for the Sales Team, including proper pricing and scope of work definition for service agreement and service project opportunities. Perform cost reviews on all applicable scopes of work, and ensure that Project Management team is set up for success.
· Manage or advise on hiring, training and development, allocation, and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility.
· Ensure the proper implementation of all company policies, procedures, and productivity tools. Maintain working knowledge of regulatory laws, changes, and requirements. Advise and implement industry and field best practices to improve products, applications, and services.
· Represent Siemens in industry associations, professional organizations, and affiliations while developing relationships with customers, contractors, and community leaders.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
· Required experience: Five years of experience in the installation and maintenance of building automation systems including at least two years of supervisory or management experience; Siemens employees who have management experience in building technologies other than building automation also will be considered.
· Required travel: 5%
· Other requirements:
o Strong understanding of financial reports and ability to implement cost controls.
o Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills in English.
o Excellent organizational skills: must be able to handle multiple tasks and duties effectively.
o Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
o Must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and be at least 21 years old to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
o Must be able to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration.
· Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
· Competitive compensation.
· Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
· All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
· 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
· Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
Extensive product training and professional career development
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .