Siemens Sr. Electrical Engineer (High Voltage/Substation)- Orlando in Orlando, Florida
Sr. Electrical Engineer (High Voltage/Substation)- Orlando
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Power and Gas
Business Unit: Energy Solutions
Requisition Number: 223792
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering
excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than
165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is
organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory,
Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens sets the standard for excellence in power generation,
transmission and distribution, and provides innovative customer solutions
– from utilities, to industrial space, to oil and gas companies. Siemens’
portfolio includes power plants and power-generating equipment, turbines
for use as mechanical drives, compressors for industrial applications,
power transmission and distribution systems, smart grid applications, and
related instrumentation and control systems.
Sr. Electrical Engineer (High Voltage Substation & Transmission Line)
The successful applicant for this position may work with the following components and systems, but is not limited to following:
The entire life cycle of the High Voltage Substation and Transmission Line will be managed and coordinated by the Electrical Engineer, commencing with proposal support and contract award, detailed Engineering Phase through construction / commissioning and plant startup.
1) Perform Overall H.V System Review for the Simple and Combined Cycle Power Plants.
2) Act as a Chief Architect of the H.V. Electrical Design
3) Expert in Code Compliance (NEC, IEEE, ANSI, IEC)
4) Knowledge of ISO requirements (NERC, PJM, ERCOT etc)
5) Knowledge of USA Utility requirements
6) As a Licensed Professional Engineer (if exists) shall be willing to Stamp project specific drawings.
7) Willing to get P.E. License (if P.E. Licensed) for different States where ever the Project exists.
8) Develop the department by mentoring other engineers for reviewing the H.V Substation scope of work.
9) Develop Reference documentations and Processes for the above Equipments and Systems.
10) Support the Proposals Department in developing proposals.
a. Development of Electrical Bill of Quantities (BOQs) for the Contruction Estimates.
b. Work with suppliers to provide performance data, pricing, and availability to support Proposals Department deliverables.
c. Evaluate competitive bids from suppliers to ensure they meet the requirements of the technical specification.
11) Write generic and site-specific technical specifications for any or all of the above components and systems. Develop Master Document List (MDL) to clarify supplier software deliverables and due dates.
12) Conduct design review & discuss any lessons learned with chosen equipment supplier to ensure all requirements of the technical specification are understood and will be met.
13) Coordinate with Architect/Engineers, partners, and Customers to support timely transmittal and understanding of supplier technical documents. Review design documents submitted by suppliers and approve or comment.
14) Conduct Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) for any or all of the above components and systems. Ensure all components are thoroughly tested and meet the performance and quality requirements established in the technical specification.
15) Site Support: Support commissioning and start-up activities for any or all of the above components and systems. Conduct readiness reviews, and participate in pre-commissioning activities with supplier Technical Field Assistants (TFAs).
16) Site Support: Respond to Architect/Engineer and site requests for information (RFIs); engineering changes to manufacturing information (ECMIs); product change management (PCM) recommendations; and field deficiency reports (FDRs) related to any or all of the above components and systems.
17) Perform communication of complex technical and commercial issues
18) Drive standardization and innovation of Electrical equipment and systems described above
19) Initiate department Research and Development projects, ensuring achievement of applicable goals and objectives.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
BS/BA in Electrical Engineering in related field
8 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration with High Voltage/Transmission Line.
Knowledge of 50Hz and 60Hz standards for the power plant electrical equipments.
Work independently and in a team environment on Complex assignments.
Mentor, train and give directions to lower level engineers.
Knowledge of power plant electrical equipments
Knowledge of electrical equipments integrated within a gas turbine simple cycle plant, gas turbine combined cycle plant, or conventional steam power plant, as applicable.
Power Plant & HV Substation Electrical Components and System design
Analysis and design of power plant & HV Substation system / component operation, startup, synchronization and shutdown
Knowledge and Experience with NEC / IEEE or/and IEC Standards for the above Electrical Equipments and Systems.
Knowledge and Experience with relevant tools like ETAP / SKM etc
Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments.
Advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
Advanced knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.
Travel up to 20% as needed (Domestic/International)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Professional Engineer (P.E.) license
Prior working Experience with an Architect Engineering OR EPC firms.
Site construction and/or commissioning experience with the above equipment
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .