Siemens Product Engineer 2 in Norwood, Massachusetts
Product Engineer 2
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Point of Care
Requisition Number: 228485
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate aboutenabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and todo so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, SiemensHealthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging andlaboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services,consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in thegrowing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that supportbetter patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers theconfidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challengesof a changing healthcare landscape.
We are looking for a highly talented and self-driven individual to join our fast-paced multidisciplinary team of engineers and scientists working on a new diagnostic product.
• Fundamental understanding of optics principles and signal processing is required, a candidate having electro-optics experience is more desirable (e.g. working with photodiodes and image sensors and their signal processing circuits and algorithms, data acquisition system techniques, light sources and spectroscopy)
• Hands-on engineer. At least 80% of the time the individual will be running experiments and troubleshoot instruments in the lab.
• Experience with optical experiment set up, alignment and testing.
• Knowledge of biomedical imaging and blood behavior is a plus.
• Ability to generate high quality data, analyze and present data to the team.
• LabVIEW expertise
• Experience with scientific calculations and tools such as Matlab, and/or advanced experience with Excel. Statistical analysis experience is a plus.
• Experience with prototype design and development.
• Experience with conducting literature reviews and provide high quality reports to the team
• Minimum BS Engineering (Electrical Engineering, Biomedical or Physics)5 years of relevant experience with CO-Oximetry
Completes complex material specification, schematic preparation and follow-up to ensure proper and effective implementation. Performs complex design, development, testing and modifications of solutions. Performs explanations and clarifies information to enable proper interpretation and evaluation of complex specifications, performance characteristics or other technical data. Performs communication of complex technical and commercial issues. Completes recommendations for complex new designs, new processes, or design changes to meet requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .