Siemens Technical Product Manager - Advanced in Northville, Michigan
Technical Product Manager - Advanced
Multiple Locations:Northville, Michigan; Troy, Michigan; United States
Job Family: Marketing
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 227757
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Northville
Other Locations: United States--, United States-Michigan-Troy
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 35%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
The Product Manager, In-Cylinder is responsible for management of in-cylinder CFD simulation products/add-ons in the CCM portfolio, such as STAR-ICE and STAR-CD/es-ice/DARS. This role holds direct responsibility for product strategy, market messaging, and internal communication on the status of all in-cylinder product actions and activities.
• Long-term product planning
○ Awareness of market forces, affecting legislation, and commercial trends to guide long-term strategic direction of product
• Short-/medium-term product planning
○ Road-mapping for forward-looking 1-2 year development plan
○ Awareness of competitive offerings (including features, pricing, capabilities, strategy)
○ Prioritization of development tasks
○ Specification of requirements for development tasks
• Regular communication with product support team to understand market needs, customer issues, and product functionality problems/requirements
• Creation of “go-to-market” material
•Communication of product developments to internal customers:
○ Product status communication
○ Internal release webinars
○ Status updates to senior staff
○ Maintenance of internal information resources
• Communication of product developments to external customers:
○ Product presentations at conferences
○ External product webinars
○ Maintenance and postings to relevant groups in Technical Forum on Steve portal.
○ Job requires direct customer interaction with a varied customer base around the world. Thus, travel expectation is from 25-50% (variable) with international travel required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• A master’s degree (or equivalent) in mechanical or automotive engineering and 5years’ experience in automotive in-cylinder simulation.
• A strong team player and creative thinker who is able to work with multi-cultural
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to distill large amounts of information into coherent themes and messages
• Analytical thinker with strong organizational and problem-solving skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• A technical background in product development or product management is considered a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .