Siemens Procurement Specialist - Brand Label Products in Norcross, Georgia
Procurement Specialist - Brand Label Products
Job Family: SCM-Procurement / Logistics & ECC
Division: Global Services
Business Unit: Supply Chain Management
Requisition Number: 226786
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services. Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and
Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
For more information, please visit:
Procurement Specialist Brand Label and Systems
The Procurement Specialist Brand Label Products and Systems assigned to the EM LP Business in USA/Canada/Mexico unit drives the development and implementation of a procurement strategy for the area of Brand Label Products and Systems Business; Proactively interacts with EM LP Product Management to ensure alignment with Business Requirements, Early Procurement and Supplier Involvement and achieving financial and non-financial targets by application of all relevant procurement levers.
The position reports functionally to the Brand Labeling Mgr. of Procurement for the EM LP Business unit for US/CAN/Mexico.
Successfully manages the assigned purchasing volume in the area of Brand Label Products and Systems Business. Area of responsibility has significant impact on the overall success of the Business Unit Product Lifecycle Management strategy, operational performance and cost reduction targets:
• Participates in the PLM process and integrates supplier and supply market expertise prior to decisions on product portfolio.
• Implements/Supports material strategy for major commodities/Brand Label business that aligns strategically with BU EM LP.
• Implements/Supports Buy-Siemens initiatives for Systems Procurement.
• Creates transparency on the supplier market, introduces and drives qualification of new suppliers; benchmarks existing supplier base.
• Achieves cost reduction targets under consideration of delivery reliability, quality aspects and total cost of ownership.
• Ensures compliance of procurement process through early involvement in Brand Label Strategy and Systems sales and order management activities.
• Focuses on Contribution-to-Growth (CTG) KPI for System Business.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Supply Chain required;
Experience: At least 3-5 years strong experience working in some aspect of Supplier Management, Product Management, Sales or Product Development preferably relative to a factory environment.
Travel: 20% to 30% to North American Operational site and supplier facilities in various regions of the world
• Demonstrated procurement skills in the areas of Supplier Management, Contract Negotiations, Supply chain Processes, Sourcing, Product Lifecycle Management and system integration.
• Strong written and verbal Communication skills including extensive expertise in presentation development and delivery. Comfortable working with higher levels of management within an organization.
• Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area managed and expert knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact.
• Understanding and application of functional management approaches and leading and acting in cross-functional teams. Team player.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• An engineering degree is not mandatory, but advantageous
• International business experience is also an advantage
• Sales, System Integration R&D or Product Management
• Commercial Procurement Expertise is important.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .