Siemens Procurement Director in Norcross, Georgia
Job Family: SCM-Procurement / Logistics & ECC
Division: Global Services
Business Unit: Supply Chain Management
Requisition Number: 223120
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services. Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth. For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/
The Procurement Director is assigned to the EM LP Business in USA/Canada/Mexico and manages the supplier base for purchasing volume in North America with the objective to maximize the EVA, reduce the supplier related risks and meet or exceed defined target costs and productivity targets. This role interfaces with EM LP operations, sales, product management, quality management, product development, logistics and finance in all aspects of procurement on a regional EM LP Business Unit headquarter in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. The Director aligns targets and short- and mid-term procurement plans with regional EM LP BU management and Operations, global BU procurement head and regional EM Division procurement head. As needed indirect procurement, regional pooling, supplier management, procurement controlling and cost value engineering are tied-in as additional resources to implement strategies and targets.
This role provides direct leadership for employees in the U.S. as well as functional leadership to employees in Canada and Mexico jointly with their in-country manager. Direction to cross-functional teams is also required.
The position reports disciplinarily to the Vice President of EM Division Procurement and functionally to the Global Head of Procurement for the EM LP Business Unit.
Successfully directs a team of managers and procurement professionals as direct and functional reports (outside U.S.), defines processes, work flows, job requirements and relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness for the procurement function for and in the factory. This requires managing a purchasing volume of approx. 600 MUS$ p.a. for U.S., Canada and Mexico. Area of responsibility has significant impact on the overall success of the Business Unit strategy, operational performance (i.e. delivery reliability, risk mitigation), innovation and cost reduction targets:
• Develops, aligns and implements procurement plans and strategies (i.e. bold moves tool box) cross-functionally
• Manages direct purchasing volume for factories and brand label and collaborates with indirect procurement
• Drives material productivity through effective procurement levers (i.e. negotiation, cost transparency, e-auction, core/non-core,…) as well as improvement of free cash flow (i.e. payment term optimization)
• Collaborates with Vice President of Operations, Senior Director of Finance and Senior Director for Sales to establish best-in-class Supply Chain Management processes focused on productivity, quality, delivery reliability and innovation
• Leads, manages and develops direct material supplier base in commercial issues, supplier qualification, development and overall relationship management
• Applies supply market intelligence and commercial & technical trends to drive material cost productivity
• Drives and reports procurement relevant KPIs (i.e. PVO, CNI, PTE) and ensures transparency on supplier level
• Drives and implements sourcing decisions under consideration of total costs
• Responsible for annual Business Planning as well as monthly controlling in alignment with BU Country Division Controller, Head of Finance Operations, Vice President Procurement EM Division U.S. and global Vice President Procurement EM LP Business Unit.
• Identifies resource needs and allocates resources effectively to projects
• Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems within multi-departments and/or cross-functional areas in international environment
• Drives digital transformation of regional EM LP procurement organization and leverages opportunities of digitalization to increase effectiveness of activities
• Actively evaluates employee performance (“WHAT” and “HOW”) and develops personnel for future business needs and career moves.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Operations or Supply Chain required;
Experience: At least 10 years working in supply management, procurement, supplier quality management, product management or operations
Travel: 20% to 30% to North American Operational site and supplier facilities in North America
• Demonstrates strategic procurement skills in the areas of sourcing, advanced negotiation concepts, cost transparency, design-to-cost, cost value engineering, supplier development and supplier relationship management
• Strong written and verbal Communication skills on senior management and executive level - including expertise in presentations
• Demonstrates intercultural skills and drives implementation of procurement plans with functional reports (outside U.S.) jointly with their respective in-country managers
• Collaboration with Headquarter procurement function in target alignment, definition and implementation of procurement strategies and function excellence
• Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area managed and expert knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact.
• Proofed ability to align with business partners on objectives and priorities as well as collaborates cross-functionally (R&D, quality, logistics, product management, operations, finance) for implementation
• Experience in managing managers and managing a team including application of management approaches for work direction, motivation of employees; demonstration of ability to evaluate and develop employees
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• International business experience is an advantage
• Managerial and leadership experience is required
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .