Siemens Portfolio Consulting Prof.-GA in Norcross, Georgia
Portfolio Consulting Prof.-GA
Job Family: Sales
Division: Process Industries and Drives
Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 231098
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
Position Overview :
Siemens Industry, Inc. has an opening for a Product Promoter focused on the Industrial Communication & Networking product lines. This position reports to the PA CI business segment and works closely with the regional Industrial Sales teams and channel partners providing expert consultative support to sales engineers and channel partners. The Manufacturing Network Consultant has a primary focus to drive Siemens’ Industrial Communication solutions into end-user manufacturing facilities. Industries supported would include F&B, Automotive, Chemical, Metals as well as Siemens’ manufacturing facilities. With increasing interest and adoption of Ethernet communication on the plant floor, a drive toward Digitalization or Industrie 4.0, this position will be a critical resource providing expert guidance to customers on network design and implementation.
Outward focused, customer oriented and self-motivated promoter driven to:
- Executing the Manufacturing IT Networks Go-to-Market approach and sales strategy for Industrial Communication in the US to achieve the respective business goals
-Provide strategic guidance to customers through insightful consultation and recommendations on network technology/architectures to facilitate decision-making
-Provide consultative support to sales teams, channel partners and ISN partners ("technical advice”) relative to Communication & Networking products and services
- Provide pre-sales support for complex technical applications deploying Application Engineer as necessary
-Facilitate dialogue between Engineering and IT teams at customer locations with an understanding of both perspectives and ability to articulate our “Ethernet on the plant-floor or OT” approach
- Drives design and implementation of robust and reliable Ethernet networks suitable for applications in the manufacturing environment including Siemens’ manufacturing facilities in the US
- Provide consultative sales support to external partners (Distributors, Solution Partners) relative to Communication & Networking products
- Serve as a coach for the Network Consultants and Regional Sales force in case of IT/OT related topics and provide training to Network Consultants to improve overall organizational expertise to engage with IT professionals at customer meetings
- Provide input into the product development requirements for new products or enhancing existing products or product lines.
- Provide feedback on customer requirements and issues as well as competitive intelligence.
- Work with product marketing managers to implement marketing strategies and programs in the US
- Maintain and track a list of key projects (opportunity pipeline) for the Industrial Communication portfolio to including regular updates
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Candidate must have sales or technical experience and basic knowledge of industrial automation solution sets and architectures.
- Understanding of “networking products” as a critical component of common automation system.
- Ability to demonstrate the value of our SCALANCE & RUGGEDCOM product lines and our unique differentiators
- Ability to discuss the basic components of an automation system: PLC's, HMI, and SCADA.
- Education: BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Typically 5-8 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Anticipated travel: 70%
Perferred Knowledge & Skills:
– Cisco knowledge and certification ie: CCNA, CCIE, CCNP, CCDA
– Cyber Security knowledge and/or certification ie: CCNA Cyber Ops, CCNA Security, Cybersecurity Specialization
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .