Siemens Sr Manager Reliability & Characterization Engineering in Newark, Delaware
Sr Manager Reliability & Characterization Engineering
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 227147
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
• Supervise/manage a team of Reliability Engineers – includes staffing, performance management, mentoring, and structure of work flow through the team
• Lead Reliability Engineering Team and drive all Reliability Testing, Analysis and Characterization activities in support of design and development of complex medical equipment
• Define Reliability & Characterization scope, goals and deliverables that support project goals in collaboration with design teams and other stakeholders
• Provide regular updates to team and management on work performed, plans, budget and overall status
• Develop resource plan and budget in support of design & development of complex medical equipment
• Coordinate projects to implement product or process improvements
• Interface with vendors and other departments within the business
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Minimum 10 years of experience in the Reliability Engineering field or Master degree in Reliability Engineering
• Experience leading a Reliability Engineering team in support of design and development of complex medical equipment
• Reliability Plans and Test Protocols, Reliability Allocations, Reliability Growth Testing (RGT), Reliability Demonstration Testing RDT), Life Testing, Stress Testing, etc.
• Ability to Characterize HW against Noise/Controls Factors, Use of Taguchi Methods for Robust Design Optimization, Design of Experiments
• Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Hazard Analysis, Windchill Reliability Prediction/Derating Analysis, FRACAS, Statistical tools.
• Knowledge of Industry and Military Reliability Standards, Statistical Reliability Test Plans, Quality Standards and Design Control Processes
• Knowledge of labview will be a plus
• Knowledge of SCRUM/Agile process will be a plus
• Demonstrated aptitude for achieving results through leading, managing and/or influencing
• Clear communication ability, both written and verbal
• Computer literate using MS Office tools, Visio, Team Foundation, SAP
• Knowledge of FDA, GMP and ISO requirements
• Ability to work cross-functionally with various disciplines, present ideas and make recommendations
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical colleagues
• 25% travel required
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .