Siemens Project Management Specialist 2 - Technical Transfer Manufacturing in Newark, Delaware
Project Management Specialist 2 - Technical Transfer Manufacturing
Job Family: Project Management
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 225902
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Project Management Specialist 2 (Technical)
The role will be primarily for a Manufacturing Project Manager/Team Leader, and secondarily, to provide subject matter expertise on biochemical/chemical manufacturing process development for assays and related chemical products used in clinical diagnostics. As a Project Manager/ Team Leader the employee may (a) participate as part of a Product Development Team that has total responsibility for development/commercialization of new assays, calibrator and control products for the clinical diagnostics market and within that team, lead a Manufacturing and Supply Chain team to define, develop and commission processes and set up the MRP system (including BOM, operational & testing procedures, and supply chain entries in SAP) as necessary to commercialize the products under development or (b) drive improvements in existing manufacturing processes and practices using LEAN methodologies. In the former role, it is critical for the successful candidate to effectively understand and co-evolve with subject matter experts the optimal manner to sustainably produce low-cost, high-quality products. In the latter role, the ability of the leader to effectively network across all functions of the manufacturing plant and drive improvements. Given the dual functions of this role, the ideal candidate will possess strong project manager and team leadership skills that are coupled with the ability to interact effectively with technical personnel (biochemists, engineers, statisticians).
• Development, planning, execution, and functionally direction of project(s) with moderately complex features. Oversee multiple aspects of project work related to Manufacturing and Supply Chain on (a) assay and system product development teams to ensure that Manufacturing deliverables are completed in a quality compliant manner on schedule and that product is introduced using the best manufacturing standards and at the lowest cost point consistent with the functional attributes required and (b) on cross-plant initiatives to drive plant productivity.
• Function as an individual contributor but one charged with leading a network of personnel assigned to achieve project objectives.
• Leading commercial manufacturing support projects to address process or supply chain issues that impact production or quality. This will entail conducting troubleshooting activities as necessary to determine the root cause for failures and identify, implement and verify corrective actions. Should be able to evolve the ability to plan and execute assay design verification and process validation studies.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Attributes of a strong team leader is desired - one who can demonstrate evidence that they can not only lead Manufacturing and Supply Chain teams whose deliverables they are directly responsible but also drive and influence product design teams to develop products aligned with requirements for low-cost, low-overhead, high quality, sustainable manufacturing. Candidate will be expected to learn Microsoft Project and Gantt Charting, and develop experience in development of resource/headcount plans, operational and capital financial forecasting, product cost estimations. “make/buy analyses” and effective management of external partners including contract administration and development.
• Operating familiarity with all functional aspects associated with product manufacturing (finance, procurement, inventory controls, engineering/facilities, control systems, quality systems, personnel training, logistics and warehousing, etc.,). Experience in Lean Manufacturing principles is desired.
• Degrees in Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or Chemistry preferred, however, other disciplines may be considered. Candidate will need to be familiar with safety aspects of bio-hazardous materials and provide technical support for regulatory submissions/registrations and be experienced in risk management practices including pFMEA and FTA’s.
• Personal ability to motivate and build strong working relationships in cross-functional project teams to develop technical solutions is a must.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .