Siemens Commodity Engineer - Mechanical in New Kensington, Pennsylvania
Commodity Engineer - Mechanical
Locations:New Kensington, Pennsylvania
Job Family: Quality Management
Division: Process Industries and Drives
Business Unit: Large Drives
Requisition Number: 225221
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-New Kensington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Support Siemens Large Drives by effectively and proactively ensuring the highest possible quality levels for purchased materials. This involves building strong relationships with the suppliers, and review of the suppliers related processes, such as material containment, root cause analysis, long-term corrective action, and process development. Other supporting responsibilities:
· Maintain a corrective action system to effectively address supplier related issues
· Maintain and analyze key performance indicators and cost of poor quality data to identify recurring trends and drive improvement actions to reduce internal and external failure costs
· Assist in investigations to determine root cause(s) of product defects including field and internal failures
· Apply appropriate control plans to achieve problem containment and long-term corrective action
· Work closely with Engineering and suppliers to establish qualification criteria for new products
· Drive supplier actions to verify part and process quality at the supplier’s location to reduce the need to incoming inspection activities
· Conduct audits to qualify the suppliers management system and manufacturing capabilities
· BS in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
· 3-5 years of experience in an Engineering role, preferably in an electronics or power systems environment
· Must have experience with mechanical and electrical systems, specifically in engineering design, metal fabrication, and drafting. Experience working with suppliers, preferably in a supplier development role.
· Problem solving and analytical ability
· Effective facilitation skills
· Effective communication and collaboration skills. Proven ability to work with multiple departments, such as Purchasing, Engineering, and Manufacturing.
Job Family Responsibilities:
Displays team leadership capabilities, along with good presentation techniques. Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops systems for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data. Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
Performs advanced areas of work for the professional field. Applies advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practicesindependently. Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high impact, complex, and/or cross functional problems.
BS/BA in related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Demonstrates significant knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.Typically 3-5 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
Direction of Others:
Provides specialized guidance or train support and/or professional staff. Leadership qualities and role model qualities demonstrated.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .