Siemens Cardiology Ultrasound Clinical Development Specialist in Mountain View, California
Cardiology Ultrasound Clinical Development Specialist
Locations:Mountain View, California
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Ultrasound
Requisition Number: 219468
Primary Location: United States-California-Mountain View
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
The Clinical Development Specialist is expected to be the internal clinical expert with the knowledge to represent the needs of the targetcustomer for all Cardiovascular Applications
· The Clinical Development Specialist provides clinical support to product development teams in all areas of product definition/specifications, product development, and product evaluations.
· The Clinical Development Specialist is also a resource for Product Management and outbound Clinical Marketing Teams.
· Partners with Ultrasound Engineering (UE) in the development and optimization of transducers and clinical exams to meet the customer needs
· Responsible for creating and/or having input to specific documentation such as Clinical Requirements, Product Requirements, and Product Specifications as requested
· Responsible for benchmarking and understanding the competitive systems relative performance
· Responsible for managing external clinical evaluations and clinical sites
· Experience with Internal Review Board (IRB) guidelines is desired
· Responsible and accountable for ensuring the User Manual is aligned with the User Interface of the System
· Provide Clinical / Technical / Educational support to internal / external customers as needed.
· Support Outbound Marketing with product positioning as needed
· Business writing skills necessary
· Must have at least (7) seven years of experience in diagnostic ultrasound and current ARDMS (RDCS) registry required.
· Multiple Registries (ARDMS) is desired but not necessary
· Pediatric ultrasound experience is desired
· Experience working in product development is highly desired
· Must have strong clinical skills and an eye for image resolution
· Must have inherent critical thinking capabilities
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision
· Ability to understand both the clinical and business needs of the customer and Siemens Healthineers respectively.
· Ability to translate customer needs into clear product requirements for R&D is a must
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Education & Experience
· BS/BA in related discipline
· Current ARDMS or equivalent credentials in relevant field(s) (RDCS, RVT)
· Must have clinical experience in Cardiovascular Applications
· Prior experience in field applications or other commercial ultrasound experience highly desired
· Requires industry /commercial experience of at least 5 years as well as 7 years of experience in clinical diagnostic setting
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .