Siemens Marketing Manager in Minnetonka, Minnesota
Multiple Locations:Minnetonka, Minnesota; Schenectady, New York; Houston, Texas; Wendell, North Carolina; Fairfax, Virginia; Foster City, California
Job Family: Marketing
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Digital Grid Solutions & Services
Requisition Number: 224153
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Minnetonka
Other Locations: United States-California-Foster City, United States-Virginia-Fairfax, United States-North Carolina-Wendell, United States-Texas-Houston, United States-New York-Schenectady
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Corporation is a U.S. subsidiary of Siemens AG, a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years.
Siemens Energy Management Division
The Energy Management (EM) Division of Siemens is the one-stop supplier of sophisticated energy management technology across the entire energy conversion chain – from power transmission right through to the customer – and makes it possible to adapt power grids to future demands, through modernization and capability enhancement. Our technology simplifies the control of power grids and ensures an economic, reliable, intelligent, highly-available and efficient grid operation.
One of the business units in the EM Division is the Digital Grid Solutions and Services, which brings to market solutions that over time, are scalable and compliant with industry standards for interoperability and security. We are making the Smart Grid a reality by partnering with utilities and cities to implement their Smart Grid visions. We have major locations in Minneapolis, MN; Foster City, CA; Schenectady, NY; Houston, TX; and Wendell, NC.
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
This role is responsible for all activities related to development and implementing integrated marketing strategy and achieving marketing targets within Digital Grid NAM and SG APS globally. This includes developing, planning and executing strategic communications plans, ensuring impactful content and messaging in alignment with Siemens brand values, pursuing an effective vehicle mix, and results measurement and reporting.
• Acts as the key interface between the DG Division and the SII Communications Department in order to implement Divisional Marcom programs and activities
• Drive profitable growth, increase in opportunity leads, orders, awareness and the Siemens brand by supporting divisional sales and marketing resources with strategic/integrated communications development, consultation, coordination and implementation in order to enhance the customer knowledge and experience.
• Convince and gain preference of customers/prospects for our value-added products, services or solutions by actively and timely communicating our competence, offers, values and benefits as well as company’s visions, strategies, principles and achievements.
Specific Job Requirements
• Work with DG leadership and DG marketing and product managers to create communications objectives and strategies which include the development of a strategic integrated marketing communications plan and tactics for the optimal delivery of messages to key customers, prospects and decision makers.
• Develop and implement measureable external marketing communications programs by selecting and effectively using various elements of the communications mix such as: advertising (print and online), online communications, events and trade shows, brochures, case studies, whitepapers, trade shows, events, sponsorships videos, newsletters, catalogues, flyers and other print and online deliverables. Consult with global divisional headquarters when applicable.
• Act as the lead in crafting positioning statements, key messages, imagery, facts and figures for the DG Business Unit. Edit initial content drafts and/or write content for various communications vehicles. Ensure all content is appropriately approved.
• Collaborate with SII central communications functions to achieve desired results in the areas of public relations, online communications, employee communications, events, and marketing materials design.
• Research and communicate business success cases, projects, products, innovations and management practices.
• Following existing processes, manage “One Voice” marketing communication, understand and abide by Siemens brand guidelines, manage information flow between the business unit, marketing and internal and external audiences.
• Manage projects and relationships with agencies, vendors and contractors in consultation with SII Communications.
• Actively evaluate and measure the effectiveness of communication measures employed, demonstrating value of communication investment (ROI) with a view to developing future improvement measures on similar or likeminded programs.
• Manage overall quality of communication work; develop competence of the marketing communications initiatives within the business unit and beyond. Report results and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Recommend opportunities for improved performance.
• Plan and manage communications budget required to execute plan in consultation.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
• 7-10 years experience in the utility industry
• Must have prior management experience and skill as working with staff across the US.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Oracle experience a plus
• Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
• Ability to translate product positioning to different audiences
• Experience managing many deliverables under tight timelines
• Must be organized, detail-oriented, hands-on, diplomatic, and a team player
• Strong personal drive and creativity; self-starter and able to see things through to completion
• Understanding of and appreciation for brand building
• A strategic mindset and the ability to display structured conceptual thinking
• Willingness to travel 25% of time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .