Siemens Quality Assurance Analyst in Milford, Ohio
Quality Assurance Analyst
Job Family: Information Technology
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 219368
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Milford
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst to join our scrum team
in building our next generation global digital marketing platform. If
you are passionate about quality and enjoy working in a fast-paced
agile environment, we’d love to talk to you.
General Summary of the Position:
Design test cases to validate functionality being created during agile
sprints. Improve test specifications by analyzing the root causes of
technical issues, and develop testing solutions for those root causes.
Create and apply new approaches as necessary to improve the
productivity and efficiency of testing. Acquire customer inputs for
project testing purposes. Work with team to design and develop clean,
intuitive wireframes, prototypes, site maps and design documentation.
• Participate in scrum development team
• Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and
• Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to elevate business strategies
into the users' online experience
• Ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified,
documented, tracked, and resolved in our defect tracking system
• Work with development team to clearly communicate defects and steps
to reproduce for rapid resolution
Skills and Abilities Required:
• Must be able to write a test approach/strategy
• Strong analytical skills, technical aptitude, & written/verbal
• Strong focus on user experience and simple design solutions
• Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
• Collaborate well with developers to advocate the user’s perspective
• Ability to create wireframes as well as visual design comps
• Understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and
write automated tests and/or user-level test automation tools
• Strong understanding of customer usage models for e-commerce and
develop test plans and test suites that approximate real-world
environments and regression tests.
• Able to develop responsive, low and high fidelity wireframes,
functional prototypes, site maps, document technical and usability
• Proficient with design and US wireframe/prototyping software
Education and Experience Requirement:
• Minimum one to three years of experience in software development,
software quality assurance based on user experience
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a
related subject or equivalent experience
• Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD
• Experience using an agile approach to software development
• Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and
• Experience in software usability principles and interface and
• Experience working on e-commerce websites and/or landing page
conversion and optimization is desirable
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and
management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop
processes and tools as needed to support the organization
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .