Siemens NX Software Engineer in Milford, Ohio
NX Software Engineer
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 224858
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Milford
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join Siemens PLM.
The Software Engineer:
• Delivers new functionality with high quality and within the assigned schedule.
• Maintains existing functionality to improve the quality of the application.
• Develops / maintains test cases as assigned to ensure continuous improvement in quality.
• Follows the SDLC processes.
• With some supervision, works individually on a project or as a part of the team. There are around 6-7 people at this site and 33 other developers at other sites that this person might need to interact with in the course of their work, as also with QA and product management.
• Primarily a software developer working on a functional deliverable or on deliverables like tests , testing tools that enhance the quality of the application.
• Understands requirements and functional specifications.
• May be called upon to write functional specifications and get them reviewed.
• Design (with some supervision) and implement functionality to satisfy the approved requirements and functional specifications. Follow all coding standards and respond to design / cod reviews
• Review test plans with the objective of improved coverage and rigor.
• Follow all the steps of the Software Development Life Cycle.
• In managing a project, keep project plans up-to-date and provided regular (and honest) assessment of their own progress.
• Perform rigorous testing of own (and peers’, as necessary) implementation before offering it to Quality Assurance for formal testing. Fix bugs found by others or self.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an engineering discipline.
• Knowledge of C++, including Standard Template Library
• Familiarity with object oriented programming.
• High school-level math (vectors, matrices).
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• (Desired) Knowledge of scripting languages.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Knowledge of CAD tools (even if just as a user)
• Basic engineering principles related to piping or wiring.
• Familiarity with Python.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .