Siemens Global Academic Student Intern (ST, DS) in Milford, Ohio
Global Academic Student Intern (ST, DS)
Job Family: Internal Services
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 222728
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Milford
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
Global Academic Program Intern
Global Academic Student Internship
Location: Milford, OH
Start Date: Summer 2018
Hours: Full-time during the summer
Discover your career with us at Siemens PLM Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
As an intern within our Global Academic team, you will get the opportunity to:
· Deep dive into developing curriculum for our Academic partners
· Take internal materials and developing tools that can be used by professors in academia
· Design, implement, enhance, and maintain curriculum
· Push the limits of New Technology through projects in Design, Configuration, Physical behaviors, Electronics, Controls & SW
· Play a key role in developing curriculum for intelligent subsystems in products – communicating within the product and with the environment (“system of systems”) and Industry 4.0
· Develop demonstration programs, application examples, and proof-of-concept models & hardware systems that are used to illustrate the value of our offerings based on typical customer applications
· Work on topics such as Systems Engineering, Model Based design, Additive Manufacturing, Smart Products/Smart Manufacturing, Industry 4.0
· Currently enrolled in a university pursuing an undergraduate degree or master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
· General awareness and understanding of Systems Engineering, Model Based design, Additive Manufacturing, Smart Products/Smart Manufacturing, and/or Industry 4.0
· Good understanding of Siemens tools and experience with NX and Teamcenter
· Understanding of Systems engineering or Product Lifecycle Management related product modules
· Product development experience and familiarity with the software development life cycle
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
· Good problem-solving and decision making skills
· Capable of independent work as well as collaborative development
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .