Siemens Rail Transport Employee Heath & Safey Representative- Sacramento, CA in McClellan, California
Rail Transport Employee Heath & Safey Representative- Sacramento, CA
Job Family: Environmental Protection, Health & Safety
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 224160
Primary Location: United States-California-McClellan
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Mobility Division provides efficient and integrated transportation of people and goods by rail and road – all products, solutions and services regarding mobility are handled by the Mobility Division.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
Siemens Mobility is seeking an experienced Employee Health and Safety Professional who will have the opportunity to maintain, develop, and implement our comprehensive programs to prevent injuries and ensure compliance with all pertinent regulations through daily interaction with manager, supervisors and employees. You will focus your time and energies in the rail transport production areas observing and advising managers and team members on all related matters associated with the heath and safety of our valued employees- Nothing else is more important. In this key role, you will report directly to the President of a Business Unit and have a dotted line reporting relationship to the Director of Employee Health and Safety for Mobility. This position is located in beautiful Sacramento,California.
• Maintains and implements Safety programs all regulatory agencies.
• Implements EHS training needs facility wide and oversees completion.
• Manages day to day EHS functions for assigned facilities.
• Enters all EHS data into Siemens data system. Tracks work related incidents.
• Oversees incident investigations for assigned facilities
• Maintains OSHA 300 logs for assigned facilities
• Leads Safety Team meetings for assigned facilities.
• Workers’ Comp. reviews and ensures compliance.
• Supports hourly associates with regards to safety programs.
• Corresponds with local agencies with coordination with corporate EHS such as local fire departments and safety vendors.
• Reviews new projects which involve new equipment or changes to equipment.
• Participates in company and functional required meetings.
• Establishes individual goals which are aligned with the Company's business strategies and objectives.
• Functions as a contributing member of the department's team and other teams, as assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned by manager
• Implements and maintains a chemical mgt program including approval of SDSs, haz com training, and Waste disposal.
• Implements and maintains a contractor safety program including approving contractors, and performing routine contractor project inspections.
• Implements and maintains a PPE program that includes identifying the appropriate PPE for job functions, training, and supporting the proper purchase of PPE with the purchasing team
• Implements and maintains a comprehensive LOTO program that includes developing LOTO procedures and training
• Participates with local emergency response ensuring that there is site preparedness for any crisis
• Encourage employee participation through energy and passion for all EHS programs
• Identify and manage any high risk operations
• Implement IH programs including managing consultants for monitoring
• Informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to originate new procedures and approaches to problems within an established field.
• Ability to work under stress and with commitment to deadlines.
• Interpersonal relationships which encourage openness, candor and trust, both internally and outside of Siemens
• Accurate and timely completion of projects and/or reports.
• Successful performance of assigned duties with frequent interruptions and time pressures.
• Maintenance of Company information in a confidential manner.
• Ability to maintain considerable levels of concentration while working under constant time pressures and constant interruptions.
• Ability to maintain visual attention including color vision and depth perception.
• Ability to sometimes lift or carry 10 to 15 pounds.
• Ability to frequently stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to sometimes reach with hands and arms above shoulders, forward and to sides.
• Ability to sometimes squat, kneel or bend.
• Ability to sometimes sit for extended periods of time.
• This position requires working in the internal and external environment.
• This position requires exposure to equipment that has the potential to be dangerous.
• This position requires working nights, weekends or non-regular hours to meet deadlines. It is a 24-hour on call position for emergencies. And requires accessibility by mobile phone at all times.
• This position requires routine travel to all sites of responsibility within the business unit.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• 5 years of hands on working knowledge and proficiency with EHS
• Working knowledge of OSHA, EPA, CAOSHA and state and federal safety rules and regulations.
• Understanding of workers’ compensation and injury management.
• Proficient computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and peripherals.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .