Siemens Java Applications Developer - Lead in Maryland Heights, Missouri
Java Applications Developer - Lead
Multiple Locations:Maryland Heights, Missouri; Plano, Texas; Milford, Ohio
Job Family: Information Technology
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 222777
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-Maryland Heights
Other Locations: United States-Ohio-Milford, United States-Texas-Plano
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
Work with cross-functional teams to develop IAM product, business processes and online commercialization of cloud applications inclusive of cloud native applications and migration of current applications to cloud. Design, develop, modify, and implement highly available and scalable cloud services for products. Perform research and development on new cloud technologies and methodologies.
You will work with technical leaders to refine our technical direction, and own design, implementation, and operation of core services, which support all Siemens cloud services. You will work closely with a tight, agile team that ships features continuously, and you will be able to see the impact of your work on real customers. Self-directed work on projects with latitude for independent judgment and technical expertise.
You will report to the IT Director of Software Transaction Management, working in a team of 4 developers, providing IAM solutions for Customers, Partners, and Employees for our external software offerings as well as internal applications.
• Participate in Scrum based meetings utilizing JIRA for tracking
• Assist in Architecting solutions
• Develop code and processes to provide solutions
• Analyze meta-data for Performance and Reliability using Splunk and similar tools
• Document APIs, processes, and page-flows
• Automate testing and deployment of features
• Communicate with team members and Project Sponsors
• Support internal application customers.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or other related discipline required
• 5+ years of professional experience on a Web based development team
• Experience with CI/CD tools and processes (ex. Bamboo, Jenkins)
• Solid experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
• Strong positive team-player
• Rare travel
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
IAM Solutions Experience
• Expertise in SAML, OAuth, or OpenId implementations
• Experience with Cloud Foundry UAA or Auth0
• One or more years in designing, developing and deploying cloud based solution using AWS
• Understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic architecture best practices
• Solid understanding of Microservices Architecture utilizing SpringBoot
• Familiarity with concepts of Networking, DNS, HTTP, SSL, Certificates, and Security practices.
Want to learn more about our cloud-based, IoT platform, MindSphere? Take a look at this video!
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .