Siemens Counsel – Commercial Solutions in Malvern, Pennsylvania
Counsel – Commercial Solutions
Job Family: Legal & Compliance
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Legal
Requisition Number: 227597
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Doctorate Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Healthineers, one of the five largest medtech companies worldwide, enables healthcare providers to increase value by empowering them on their journey toward expanding precision medicine, transforming care delivery, improving patient experience and digitalizing healthcare. Healthcare providers around the world have long relied upon our engineering excellence—leading-edge, high-quality medical technology across a broad portfolio. The company’s solutions touch an estimated five million patients globally every day and help healthcare institutions to continuously improve their clinical, operational, and financial outcomes. Siemens Healthineers is constantly innovating its portfolio of products and services in three globally leading businesses—Diagnostics, Imaging and Advanced Therapies—to create unique value for laboratories, clinicians, and the patients served. With annual revenue of 13.5 billion euros, the company currently employs approximately 48,000 highly skilled people. Siemens Healthineers had its initial public offering in March 2018. Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc. conducts Siemens Heathineers’ go-to-market activities in North America.
For more information, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com
This is a rare opportunity for a highly motivated commercial and transactional health care attorney, who will be responsible for providing timely and effective regional legal support and counseling to Sales and Finance for diagnostic imaging, service, laboratory diagnostics and point of care product sales. In doing so, the Counsel will, among other things, negotiate and draft complex, commercial agreements regarding the sale of highly-complex medical devices and related products, solutions and services and advise on related regulatory and risk management matters. The Counsel–Commercial Solutions will report directly to the Vice President, Legal–Commercial Solutions.
Essential Job Functions
· Work in conjunction with colleagues to support the delivery of legal services related to Siemens Healthineers broad & expanding portfolio of medical devices and services, including offerings in diagnostic imaging, service, laboratory diagnostics, advanced therapies, molecular diagnostics & services, and point of care product sales.
· Draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements to meet business and legal requirements, including sales, group purchasing agreements, business associate agreements, distribution, confidentiality agreements and requests for proposals.
· Collaborate with sales, marketing, finance, and other departments to analyze business, regulatory and legal contract terms.
· Assist in the management of contract documentation flow, approvals, reporting and archiving consistent with internal processes.
· Actively counsel the senior sales and field finance staff members on commercial law, healthcare regulations, fraud & abuse, privacy (including data privacy) and related topics.
· Prepare and conduct training of sales, field finance and other personnel on commercial law, regulatory matters, Siemens Healthineers’ templates and other relevant topics.
· Develop creative and compliant solutions to resolve complicated business challenges and customer disputes.
· Educate and guide business partners with regard to key commercial, competition, data privacy and significant regulatory considerations.
· Negotiate with key customers, partners, suppliers, vendors and government agencies.
· Provide ongoing counseling regarding (and efficient implementation of) various corporate policies, initiatives and/or programs.
· Cooperate across corporate business units and departments and throughout a large group of affiliated companies to achieve optimal results while minimizing risk.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Proven ability to independently lead and execute all facets of challenging engagements with highest integrity and ethics – from preliminary/conceptual advice, through structuring,negotiating, drafting, closing, and any subsequent conflict resolution.
· Highly polished and effective negotiation, communication, listening and drafting skills, including those suitable for interaction with senior managers and executive leadership within a global and matrixed organization and with senior management of key customers.
· Expertise in U.S. healthcare legal and regulatory environment.
· Fluency with the regulatory environments, including anti-kickback laws, fraud and abuse statutes, and privacy laws applicable to medical device manufacturers.
· Demonstrated skill in working collaboratively with multiple teams simultaneously, some of whom may be located outside of the U.S.
· Proven ability to identify and initiate needed actions and follow-up.
· Innovation in design and delivery of legal strategies and solutions to support ever-evolving business objectives.
· Experience with monitoring and improving processes through ongoing optimization efforts, technology enhancements, and business partner feedback.
· Willingness and ability to travel domestically and, from time-to-time, internationally.
· Minimum of 4 years of corporate and commercial law experience in a well-regarded law firm or in-house legal department with a respected healthcare company.
· U.S. law degree (J.D.) required.
· Admitted to practice law in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (or ability to obtain Pennsylvania Limited In-House Corporate Counsel License).
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .