Siemens Project Scheduler/Planner - Rail Automation in Louisville, Kentucky
Project Scheduler/Planner - Rail Automation
Multiple Locations:East Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Louisville, Kentucky
Job Family: Customer Services
Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 231534
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-East Pittsburgh
Other Locations: United States-Kentucky-Louisville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
If youreally want to make a difference - make it with Siemens.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional
passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Rail Automation is seeking to hire a Project Scheduler/Planner to provide project management support services for scheduling system projects from inception through completion. In this role, you will develop complete project schedules including resource loading, time impact analysis, claims analysis, labor distribution, activity prioritization, and planning. You will also administer user support, technical support and assistance with departmental training on Primavera software products used by Project Management.
• Develop active project schedules and forecast remaining work on active projects
• Gather labor/resource/cost information from estimating, engineering, project management, production, subcontractors, vendors, and purchasing.
• Update deliverables information for accountability reports and meetings.
• Complete active project schedules for tasks, resource usage and cost usage for contract specified periods. Develop bid schedules for submission with bids.
• Administer Primavera P6, Primavera Contract Manager and/or SharePoint site for Project Management and assist with training of Project Management personnel on the software.
• Act as a Controls Analyst with the customized reporting functionality of the EPPM portion of Primavera - program project resource reports and cost reports in the system for multiple projects at once.
• Provide technical support for Project Management department.
• Analyze bid specifications for required activity and schedule risk.
• Write summary analyses of project schedule requirements from bid specifications for assigned project manager. Also, compose narratives for schedule updates.
• Assist project manager with the analysis, research, and documentation for claim preparation, time impact delays and/or time extension submittal requirements for active projects.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Experience :
• Typically 2-5 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge described above
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering discipline or related field
• Strong knowledge of Primavera P6 EPPM tool
• Develops and Implements project plan on very complex project or program.
• Develops project management activities (definition of schedule, budget, risk, change, opportunity and resource allocation management) for very complex projects/programs.
• Provides functional or business practice guidance on projects or programs.
• Develops continuous improvement plan.
• May develop client relationship and sales opportunities.
Why Siemens? Inaddition to an incredible career growth opportunity, we offer:
-A competitive base salary
-Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, and 18 days of PTO to start
-Extensive training along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Service Project Scheduler , we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .