Siemens Cost and Value Engineer (CVE) – Electrical / Mechatronics in Louisville, Kentucky
Cost and Value Engineer (CVE) – Electrical / Mechatronics
Multiple Locations:Louisville, Kentucky; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Job Family: SCM-Procurement / Logistics & ECC
Division: Global Services
Business Unit: Supply Chain Management
Requisition Number: 223630
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Louisville
Other Locations: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services. Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth. For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/
Cost and Value Engineering (CVE) contributes to increase the competitiveness and profitability of our products and solutions by implementing the Cost and Value Engineering levers (Cost Analysis and Optimization, Design to Value, Modularization and Standardization, Supplier Productivity Improvements, and Target Pricing/Target Costing.) in collaboration with our partners from the product management, project management, research & development, procurement, quality assurance, and production functions. This role will report into the Head of Procurement for Mobility Division U.S.
To learn more about the career of an CVE at Siemens please use the below link
• Perform bottom-up cost calculations to identify cost drivers in electrical, mechatronics, electronic systems, subsystems, and components.
• Drive realization of savings potentials in a cross functional environment incorporating engineering, manufacturing, quality management, sales and marketing, or other resources and functions as needed.
• Actively support the identification and development of alternative solutions and measures from a total cost perspective in order to achieve the target cost.
• Drive the strategic anchoring of the CVE function in Siemens Mobility U.S. business entities in a join approach with our global counterparts to ensure early involvement in projects, product development and service business activities.
• Ensure early involvement in projects, product design, and service business activities.
• Manage and implement CVE projects to achieve tangible business impact and sustainable value contribution.
• Develop expertise, methods, tools, and training to facilitate knowledge building in our global expert network
Promote positive (mindset-) change within the organization. Required Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (fields of interest Electrical and Mechatronics)
• At least 5 years professional experience in product development, systems engineering, production engineering, procurement engineering or cost engineering for electronics and/or Mechatronics, ideally incorporating sensors, actuators, power supplies and communication devices..
• Detailed knowledge on production and manufacturing processes, including equipment and cost structures of systems, components and materials.
• Demonstrated project management and organizational skills, driving cross-functional teams to achieve results including implementation and controlling of cost reduction and value adding measures.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills for reporting and influencing of internal and external resources at all organizational levels.
• Must be proficient in reading Engineering schematics/drawings (electrical and mechanical).
• Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally. Flexibility and willingness for domestic and international travel as required for the position 30% possible.
Preferred knowledge and Skills
• Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Mechatronics ideally accompanied with Economics / Business Administration skills.
• 6-8 years of hands-on working experience with printed circuit board design (PCB), implementation, integration, and test and validation.
• Understanding of design principles used in electronics (FMEA Analysis, Reliability Analysis).
• Technical knowledge of signaling, operations concepts in rail industry, rail products a plus.
• Experience with cost calculation software (e.g. Perfect ProCalc / Teamcenter Product Cost Management) is a plus.
• Capable of finding the best cost-and-value architecture for our components, subsystems, systems, and solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to drive projects to full implementation in collaboration with cross-functional partners especially Engineering, Procurement, Product Management, Manufacturing and Quality to achieve results including implementation and controlling of cost reduction and value adding measures.
• Consulting experience is an advantage.
• Language requirements: Fluent in English. Knowledge of Spanish, French, and/or German is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .