Siemens PreSales Engineer Student Intern (SSE, DW) in Livonia, Michigan
PreSales Engineer Student Intern (SSE, DW)
Job Family: Internal Services
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 223531
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Livonia
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Job Description - Student Intern
PreSales Engineer Student Internship
Location: Livonia, Michigan
Start Date: Summer 2018
Hours: Full-time during the summer (possibility of part-time during the school year)
Discover your career with us at SiemensPLM Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We are seeking a motivated student who have an interest in the sales process of a software company. You will get the opportunity to:
· Participate in the sales process to facilitate sales of robotics and automation planning/ Virtual
· Commissioning solution.
· Support preparing and delivering solution demonstrations, including building libraries industry specific demos.
· Learn our customer's business processes and how the Siemens RAP solution can improve their business.
· Work in a group of associate consultants to create software demos
· Work with customers to understand manufacturing issues- find software solution that will address those challenges
· Currently enrolled in a university pursuing an undergraduate degree in computer science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related field
· Graduating in 2019 or later
· Knowledge of programming languages
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Able to work well in a team setting
· Eager to learn and desire to develop new knowledge and skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .