Siemens Systems Engineer I - Building Automation / HVAC Controls in Littleton, Colorado
Systems Engineer I - Building Automation / HVAC Controls
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 224864
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Littleton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this office-based position is responsible for the design of building automation systems using company tools and operating protocols.
· Receives project specifications from sales team and designs building automation system and service installed jobs. Chooses the appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost effective solution. Prepares all required submittals and schedules subsequent hand-off to operations. Handles the ordering of all required products and equipment. Acts as a technical resource to team and customer as needed.
· Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
· Independently designs building automation systems for standard and/or critical environment facilities such as data centers or laboratories. May need to create unique design solutions to meet specific customer requirements. Designs building automation systems for large and/or complex buildings consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations, valve and damper schedules, DDC panel layouts to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications and contract documents. Designs mainly large complex building automation network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels, third-party integration devices connected through LON, Ethernet, Siemens P2 or BACNET.
· Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
· Generates DDC point database on all projects.
· May participate in initial job site walk through with contractors and/or building management. Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager and system specialist for use in commissioning and validation.
· Prepares engineering re-estimate and follows up with appropriate sales and management to assure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope.
· Prepares specifications and drawings for special components and panels purchased from outside suppliers. Selects proper types and sizes of company products and outside suppliers to meet project requirements. Prepares all information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to customer or general/ subcontractor.
· Oversees the creation of system graphics.
· Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including all pertinent job related information.
· Orders and tracks all required products and materials for timely delivery on the job site. May perform some field activities as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· High school diploma or GED
· Minimum 2+ years engineering /systems or other related experience.
· Strong knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations required.
· Proficiency in programming, job start-up, checkout, and troubleshooting required.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office required. Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Able to design medium to large standard jobs with some deviation from standard tools, products or practices.
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· Bachelors degree preferred.
· Knowledge of MDT/CT, Navigator, and AutoCAD preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .