Siemens Security System Installation Technician - Kansas City in Lenexa, Kansas
Security System Installation Technician - Kansas City
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 225698
Primary Location: United States-Kansas-Lenexa
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Reporting to theOperations Supervisor, this position coordinates and manages new equipment installation.
• Performs routine equipment installation; installs simple control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays and panels, fastening in place with screws or bolts using hand tools and power tools. Creates connections to various sensors and electrically powered devices; validates connections to power source and/or terminates wiring, mounting of parts and testing connections. Complex issues will be referred to supervisor for support.
• Assists with the routine performance of System Preparation & Design Coordination: provides assistance to the engineering group to create and/or verify point database; supports the creation of job specific programming via computer for various systems (controls, electronic security systems (ESS), fire systems, mass notification); supports the creation of and the upload of point database, assists with the creation of graphics in the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
• Network Technologies: assists with verification of point database and programming operations that they are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence; assists with back up data from data servers and/or with creation of automated backup procedure; supports troubleshooting and resolution of inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed. Assist with the set up and configuration of PC workstations and user interfaces. Supports the confirmation of proper network performance.
• Project Site Communication and Coordination: May provide support to others with the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed.
• Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs routine reports to review system operation. Technical issues will be reviewed with manager and customer to decide best course of action. Participates in final inspection and testing; supports the assurance of customer acceptance; assists with training of customers on system operations. Completes and submits routine written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
HS diploma or equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .