Siemens Regional Health Physicist in Knoxville, Tennessee
Regional Health Physicist
Job Family: Environmental Protection, Health & Safety
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 221524
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Knoxville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
The successful applicant will be responsible for operational support of the PETNET Solutions radiation protection and EHS programs at the corporate office as well as within our network of PET radiopharmaceutical manufacturing facilities located within the United States to ensure regulatory compliance, and the health and safety of our employees. This will include development of radioactive materials licensing documents, assessment of program implementation, and support for regulatory agency inspections. This position is organizationally located within the Regulatory Affairs/Quality Assurance/EHS department of the Molecular Imaging business unit, reports to the Senior Manager of Operational EHS, and requires approximately 50% travel.
Location: The position is currently based in Knoxville, TN, however for a highly qualified candidate other arrangements are possible.
The EHS Specialist 4 position expectations include:
· Guiding the implementation of radiation protection and other EHS programs to address government regulations, company policy or standards, with a thorough understanding of how these apply to the business
· Development of complex reporting to satisfy regulatory and corporate requirements
· Addressing requirements from regulatory agencies or corporate policies by developing/implementing required programs, or updating of existing programs to adapt to changes in regulation, policies, or operations
· Guiding the evaluation of EHS performance at Siemens PETNET Solutions facilities
· Assuring completion of employee training in EHS policy and procedures for assigned sites
· Evaluating the EHS impact of complex processes/products to meet company objectives, and assist in engineering solutions to achieve those objectives as well as assure protection of employees and compliance with regulations
· Oversees complex EHS projects such as lead auditor on compliance or management system audits, due diligence and legal activities as required
· Independently performs advanced areas of work such as development of new methods, or revisions to operating procedures and technical basis documents
· Applies advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently
· Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems.
RequiredKnowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
In order to meet the above responsibilities the following are required:
A self-motivated individual with the ability to work in a fast paced environment and to prioritize tasks with input from line manager as well as in collaboration with other key experts in the organization
Excellent verbal and written skills in order to succinctly and accurately convey the technical elements of regulatory and corporate programs to others inside and outside of the organization
A collaborative approach to problem solving that identifies and incorporates stakeholders in the development of solutions that facilitate compliance with regulatory and corporate requirements
A high degree of ability in the use of common computer programs such as word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation programs
Six to eight years of experience in applied radiation protection or EHS in a manufacturing facility or University setting, or in operations at a radiochemical/radiopharmaceutical manufacturing operation, with responsibilities similar to above
B.S. in Radiation Protection, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety, or other EHS related program of study, or an engineering/science major with direct experience in radiation protection
An advanced degree may be substituted for two years of experience
PreferredKnowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
The following are preferred for a highly qualified candidate:
Skills/knowledgeas above plus:
Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint
Experience with implementation of an EHS Management System
Formal root cause analysis training
M.S. in Radiation Protection (Health Physics), Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety, or other EHS related program of study, or an engineering/science with direct experience
Eight to ten years of experience in applied radiation protection or EHS in a radiochemical/radiopharmaceutical manufacturing facility
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .