Siemens BAU Solutions Specialist Supervisor in Jacksonville, Florida
BAU Solutions Specialist Supervisor
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 224975
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Jacksonville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 30%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Supervises the operation of multiple installations in multiple branches (Jacksonville, Tallahassee and Gainesville), including creating and implementing execution plans. Supervises projects within the business, including project organization, definition, planning, implementation and control. Supervises operational activities on an ongoing daily basis, exercising tight cost control and maximizing price realization. Seeks customer feedback and takes action to ensure customer satisfaction. Assists with job cost re-estimates.
· First line supervisory position. Manages between eight to twenty-two (8-22) technical positions including system specialists and technicians.
· Supervises the activities and performance of system installation employees for installed work.
· Provides technical support, expertise, leadership and accountability for installed projects, in assigned geographic area or location.
· Plans, organizes, directs and controls all startup, commissioning, testing, and other committed activities for assigned projects. Supervises employees to ensure schedules are maintained and projects proceed according to plans, job specifications and cost estimates.
· Provides direct employee mentorship, and is responsible for employee development within their group. Promotes, provides training for, and ensures implementation of division productivity tools.
· Actively coordinates startup activity schedules with the Project Managers and Operations Managers to ensure correct staffing and correct abilities are provided to meet individual project schedules and commitments.
· Participates in or facilitates representation for the Project Manager to Field Work Force Project Turnovers, and the Solutions to Service Project Turnovers.
· Plans and justify manpower, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of assigned work. Provides monthly project estimates and assists in monthly forecasting. Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing project financial statements with Project Managers and Operations Managers.
· Maintains and improves planned and executed margins for Solutions projects.
· Directs and supervises the development of project startup and commissioning plans and the use of those plans in the monitoring and control of progress in the execution of the work. Reviews customer feedback and ensures high customer satisfaction.
· Develops manpower schedules and loading to ensure contract and project compliance. Maintains timely communications and harmonious relationships between engineering, operations and sales so that project details, engineering or equipment changes, plan discrepancies or changes can be coordinated to minimize cost and delay throughout the estimating, bidding and operations phases of each project.
· Builds and maintains an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth. Manages or advises on hiring, training and development, allocation and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Provides the tools, training and environment required to achieve employee success.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Requires two years of college or technical school resulting in an Associate's degree or equivalent.
· 5-7 Years Experience in Technical or Project Management
· 3+ Years of Supervisory Experience
· # Employees Supervised: 8-22
· Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .