Siemens Sr. Staff System Hardware Engineer in Issaquah, Washington
Sr. Staff System Hardware Engineer
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Ultrasound
Requisition Number: 226111
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Issaquah
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is currently seeking a Sr. Staff System Hardware Engineer to join our ultrasound imaging team in Issaquah, WA. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading hardware (electrical and mechanical) teams focused on product development of next-generation medical ultrasound imaging systems.
· Proactive system-level leadership of hardware (electrical and mechanical) teams focused on product development of next-generation ultrasound imaging systems for general imaging and cardiology markets
· Work with system architects and hardware architects to document and review hardware architecture descriptions and hardware sub-system requirements specifications
· Daily proactive leadership of functional managers, electrical engineers, and mechanical engineers dedicated to designing and implementing the hardware architecture
· Work with system integration leads, design engineers, imaging engineers, transducer engineers, and test engineers, to integrate and verify the system hardware to requirements and architecture specifications
· Lead cross-functional teams (software, electrical, mechanical, imaging, clinical) to debug system-level issues
· Work with external vendors and partners to specify, integrate, and test OEM and custom-designed subsystems
· Work with supply chain and new product introduction managers to createhardware bills-of-material, review engineering change orders, and ensure successful release of the hardware system to manufacturing
· Work with manufacturing to monitor initial production system builds
· Participate in hardware change control boards, regulatory audits, and product roadmap discussion, and maintain system hardware roadmap
· Assist and consult with EMC / EMI testing and electrical safety compliance testing for medical devices.
· Present system- and program-level status to executive management team
· Represent hardware team in major program reviews
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· BSEE with 12+ years of industry experience
· Experience with medical device development and verification
· Experience with ultrasound imaging systems and transducers desired
· Experience with leading product development hardware teams through concept, requirements, design, integration, and verification
· Experience working with supply chain and manufacturing teams
· Experience working with vendors and external partners on OEM and custom designs
· Experience authoring specifications, plans and reports
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience working with cross-functional engineering teams
· Experience with EMC / EMI and electrical safety compliance desired
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .