Siemens Sr. Hardware Integration Engineer in Issaquah, Washington
Sr. Hardware Integration Engineer
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Ultrasound
Requisition Number: 225774
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Issaquah
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is currently seeking a Senior Hardware Integration Engineer to join our ultrasound imaging design team in Issaquah, WA. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with senior system and design engineers to integrate, test, debug, and document off-the-shelf hardware modules such as motherboards, graphics cards, and monitors for medical ultrasound imaging systems. The successful candidate also will be responsible for working with OEM partners to specify, integrate, and test hardware modules such as physio modules, audio boards, and video convertor boards.
· Work with senior system and design engineers to integrate, test and debug off-the-shelf (OTS) hardware modules such as motherboards, graphics cards, LED OLED monitors, USB WiFi adapters, and similar.
· Work with vendors and integrators to specify, integrate, and test OEM-sourced hardware modules such as physio adapters, audio boards, video convertor boards, control panels, touch panels, and others.
· Work with cross-functional teams (software, electrical, mechanical, imaging, clinical) to debug system-level and module-level issues.
· Author documentation relating to the OTS and OEM modules, including Purchasing Requirements Specifications, integration plans / reports, verification test plans / reports, and ensure they are correctly reviewed, approved, and controlled.
· Manage bill-of-materials and engineering change orders for these modules within SAP.
· Assist and consult with EMC testing and electrical safety Compliance testing for medical devices.
· Assist with analog design and testing, such as noise measurements, noise source root-cause, and grounding schemes.
· Participate in design integration activities with cross-functional engineering teams.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· BSEE with 8+ years of industry experience
· Experience with off-the-shelf and OEM module specification, integration, and test, and working with vendors and integrators
· Use test equipment in a lab environment to debug/test/verify off-the-shelf and OEM modules, and analog and digital circuit boards
· Experience authoring specifications, plans and reports
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience working with cross-functional engineering teams highly desirable
· Experience with analog noise measurement and analog design desired
· Experience with EMC and electrical safety compliance desired
· Experience with medical device development and test desired
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .