Siemens Senior Electrical Services Specialist - Low / Medium Voltage Power Systems - Building Technologies - Major US City in Issaquah, Washington
Senior Electrical Services Specialist - Low / Medium Voltage Power Systems - Building Technologies - Major US City
Multiple Locations:Buffalo Grove, Illinois; Miramar, Florida; Roanoke, Virginia; Norfolk, Virginia; Issaquah, Washington; Beaverton, Oregon; Austin, Texas; Blue Bell, Pennsylvania; Florham Park, New Jersey; Hayward, California; Irving, Texas
Job Family: Manufacturing
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 222493
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Other Locations: United States-Texas-Irving, United States-California-Hayward, United States-New Jersey-Florham Park, United States-Pennsylvania-Blue Bell, United States-Texas-Austin, United States-Oregon-Beaverton, United States-Washington-Issaquah, United States-Virginia-Norfolk, United States-Virginia-Roanoke, United States-Florida-Miramar
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 75%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
This position can be located in any major US city.
The Senior Electrical Services Specialist leads the most complex installation and checkout of electric and electronic components for systems and service installed jobs and service agreements associated with maintenance and testing of: switchgears, motor controls, circuit breakers, panel boards, transformers, surge protection devices, vibration analysis and metering, battery maintenance and testing, power monitoring, power quality, protective relay maintenance.
· Performs emergency troubleshooting of power distribution products and 3rd party equipment.
· Performs highly complex service upgrades, reconditioning, retrofits, etc. for its low-voltage power distribution products and systems.
· Coordinates with or advises supervision about the requirements for material and supplies to ensure timely delivery to the job site.
· Provides instructions to customer personnel regarding proper operations and routine inspections and assists with training and system acceptance.
· Provides expert advice, training, and technical assistance to support staff and train lower level employees.
· May provide expert advice, training, and technical assistance to support staff and train lower level employees.Experienced at performing mechanical maintenance, overhaul and reassembly of medium and low voltage circuit breakers.
· Experienced at electrical testing, including but not limited to primary current injection testing, resistance testing, dielectric testing, and thermal scans on medium and low voltage electrical systems.
· Experienced at utilizing electrical test sets to perform AC and DC High Potential testing, Transformer Turns Ratio testing, Transformer Power Factor testing and other power system tests practices and procedures.
· Skilled at interpreting protective coordination studies, testing and configuring protective relays.
· Capable of reading bill of materials, electrical blueprints and power system study reports.
· Experienced on installation, commissioning and maintenance of low and medium voltage power distributions systems.
· Familiar with the Arc Flash and Shock Hazards of 13.8 kV and below electrical equipment.
· Familiar with ANSI, NEC, NFPA, IEEE, and NETA codes and standards
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· AVO, NETA, and NICET certifications preferred. Electrician or Electrical Contractor licenses a plus.
· Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
· Successfully demonstrates leading-edge or extensive knowledge in a technical or specialty area.
· Generally, 8+ years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
· 50% travel required.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .