Siemens Project Management Specialist 4: New Product Introduction in Issaquah, Washington
Project Management Specialist 4: New Product Introduction
Multiple Locations:Mountain View, California; Issaquah, Washington
Job Family: Project Management
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Ultrasound
Requisition Number: 222696
Primary Location: United States-California-Mountain View
Other Locations: United States-Washington-Issaquah
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
The Siemens Healthcare Division develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. As a global leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, and healthcare information technology, we have a keen understanding of the entire patient care continuum—from prevention and early detection to diagnosis and treatment.
For further information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
We are seeking a New Product Introduction (NPI) Project Manager (PM) to plan, execute, and complete the introduction of new ultrasound products into the supply chain. The NPI PM will be the leader and facilitator for the supply chain groups across multiple internal functions and external supplier during the product development and design transfer. The NPI PM is also the SCM representative to interface with the development team and other functional organization to ensure outstanding product quality and successful project schedule.
· Work closely with NPI team and manage all SCM related tasks and activities related to the assigned projects
· Build and maintain detailed development and manufacturing schedules related to NPI
· Be the owner of all facets of the product launch which include:
o building a robust supply chain for all assigned NPI projects,
o driving material availability for all product modules and assemblies from pre-production to mass production for various milestones in the NPI process,
o executing manufacturing validation at the CM/vendors globally,
o ramping up the supply chain for limited launch and full launch of product during the various phases of the NPI process
o coordinating activities to assure supply chain material readiness and quality
· Be the SCM advocate on production quality during design phases and ensure the processes and materials adhere to all required quality standards/requirements
· Evaluate, analyze, and communicate risk and status clearly and succinctly to management and stakeholders, escalating key issues and presenting options for resolution to the cross-functional executive team through the new product reviews and other executive forums.
· Drive for all SCM & production related changes to the pricebook/ configuration management process and provide all changes and inputs to the configuration management team as required.
· Lead and facilitate activities between development engineering teams and factory teams from various development builds through design transferring to sustaining engineering teams
· Assist Order Management team with Configuration Management, Supply Chain Management, Vendor and Logistics Management and Procurement supports.
· Work with the sustaining operating team to execute all forward production changes by releasing and implementing engineering change orders (ECOs)
· Create and manage configuration Bill of Material (BOM)
· Conduct regular meetings with vendors/CMs to update project status and material readiness on current production & forward production changes as well as NPI activities.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in BME/BioE, EE, IE, ME, or related disciplineor advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.Certification may be required in some areas.
· 5+ years relevant working experience or equivalent education.
· Effective and collaborative communication skills (both written and verbal)
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Demonstrated good critical thinking and problem solving skill capabilities
· Quick learner with ability to follow direction and adapt to changes to promote efficiency and productivity and high standards of quality
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and assess the impacts among projects
· Ability to react to changes in an environment where products have an extensive supply chain
· Proficient with Microsoft Windows Office tools (Excel, Word, Visio, and Powerpoint)
· Experience with Bill of Material and Change Control
· Project management or engineering experience in manufacturing or service environment
· Ability to travel 10% to 15%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Working experiences with global team in NPI or Supply Chain area is highly desired
PMI or equivalent Project Management certification is highly desired
Work experience with SAP is highly desired
Work experience with medical device manufacturing is a plus
Knowledge in medical device regulations including ISO 13485 and CFR 820 is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .