Siemens Tax Counsel in Iselin, New Jersey
Locations:Iselin, New Jersey
Job Family: Legal & Compliance
Division: Controlling and Finance
Business Unit: Controlling and Finance
Requisition Number: 227242
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Other
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Corporation has an opening for a Tax Counsel in its Tax Department located in Iselin, New Jersey, reporting to the Director of Transactions Analysis.
Siemens Corporation is the holding company for all of the Siemens activities in the US. These activities S are carried out by over 35,000 employees, and encompass a variety of businesses in Power and Gas, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, and Process Industries and Drives. With revenues of approximately $16 billion, the Siemens group has a breadth of domestic and international tax related activities and challenges.
The Tax Counsel has the opportunity to lead key strategic initiatives focused on value creation through the analysis and execution of beneficial tax strategies. This includes proactive tax planning, transaction due diligence and structuring, and participation in global tax compliance and accounting while working with and developing a best in class tax team. As the tax leader you will work directly with operational and functional leadership throughout the Company.
You will have a broad tax background so that you can interface with the different tax and business functions to drive a broad array of tax projects. You will be an excellent tax strategist, able to multi-task and collaborate with key-stake holders regarding a variety of issues both expected and unexpected.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This Tax Counsel will engage in a variety of tax planning objectives for Siemens.
· Develop a thorough understanding of Company operations and financial reporting systems to proactively seek tax planning opportunities.
· Interpret tax laws and rulings to resolve questions from the business and senior management.
· Stay current on proposed and final tax law changes and work with strategic business partners to promote awareness and assess potential impacts to Siemens from such changes.
· Establish and maintain relationships with outside advisors to assess beneficial tax strategies for the Company. Manage interactions with outside advisors during the proposal and project phases of a particular engagement.
Mergers, Acquisitions, Dispositions, Joint Ventures & Corporate Integration :
· Work with cross functional teams to facilitate the planning and implementation of mergers acquisitions and divestures in a tax efficient manager.
· Provide guidance and planning with respect to Company participation joint ventures and strategic partnerships.
· Provide tax support in post-acquisition business integration.
· Interface with the Tax Compliance Team to insure that all required statements and elections regarding transactions are properly included in the Company’s tax filings.
Special Projects and Other Duties:
· Collaborate with other Tax Department functions on a variety of special projects including Competent Authority proceedings, valuations, and transfer pricing.
Required knowledge, skills, education and experience:
· 8 to 10 years of experience in positions of increasing responsibility within the tax function in industry, a law firm, and/or public accounting firm.
· Juris Doctor required and barred to practice law in-house.
· LLM in Taxation and/or Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance strongly preferred.
· Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and a proactive personality including the ability to interact effectively within all levels of management. The ability to convey complex tax concepts in plain English is optimal.
· Strong technical tax and analytical skills.
· Ability to communicate, negotiate, influence and implement change within the tax organization and other Company units.
· Ability to work independently
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .