Siemens Senior Portfolio Risk Manager - Energy Finance in Iselin, New Jersey
Senior Portfolio Risk Manager - Energy Finance
Locations:Iselin, New Jersey
Job Family: Finance
Division: Financial Services
Business Unit: Financial Services (FS)
Requisition Number: 225308
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Financial Services, Inc. is the U.S. arm of the global Financial Services division of Siemens, (SFS), an international provider of business-to-business financial solutions. SFS helps facilitate investments, providing commercial finance, project and structured finance with specific asset expertise in the energy, healthcare, industry, and infrastructure markets. SFS supports Siemens as well as other companies with their capital needs and acts as an expert manager of financial risks within the Siemens Company. Leveraging its financing expertise and industrial know-how creates value for customers and helps them strengthen their competitiveness. As of September, 30, 2014, the total, global SFS assets amount to $27.9 billion.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/financial-services.htm
As part of the Portfolio Management team, you will be responsible for manitaning ongoing portfolio management, credit analysis and review on closed and funded Energy Finance Debt (EF D-AM) transactions for Siemens Financial Services Inc (SFS).
You will serve as a primary expert within SFS for all matters relating to the energy industry and financings for the industry. Your extensive knowledge and understanding of the energy sector, project financings, energy industry drivers and issues will be essential. Must be able to quickly comprehend and explain all aspects of energy financings in a clear, concise manner within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· Timely processing of all customer requests including underwriting of amendments/waivers, detailed review of legal documents and assessment of impact to SFS and underlying Project;
· Perform credit risk analysis, prepare periodic portfolio reviews (monthly and quarterly) and analyze borrowers’ historical performance against original projections;
· Manage assigned customer accounts and forge excellent working relationships with SFS customers and agent bank institutions;
· Follow-up for ongoing reporting and covenant compliance;
· Act as deal advocate and accountable party throughout the life of the transaction;
· Interface with participants in SFS agented transactions;
· Maintain relationships with agents on third party agented transactions;
· Be responsive and provide ongoing support to the sales, marketing and business development personnel;
· Develop strong working relationships with other operational disciplines (Legal, Contracts, Asset Management, Collections, Tax, Accounting);
· Gather and evaluate client information, compare to industry benchmarks, analyze third party information, assess risk and recommend commitment levels, financing structures and documentation requirements within standards and following risk management policies;
· Oversee documentation/contracting and funding/booking processes, including assisting SFS in negotiating transaction documentation, resolving any open items and ensuring all credit conditions are satisfied prior to funding;
· Work closely with other Portfolio Management team members to recommend and execute account management / monitoring strategies;
· Ensure that all risk management guidelines are adhered to and that exceptions are well documented.
· As needed, assist Underwriters with creating credit packages and credit committee presentations.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Minimum 5-7 years credit and portfolio management experience, including a minimum 3+ years of experience in the energy industry and project finance credit analysis, portfolio management and portfolio oversight;
· Minimum 4-year undergraduate degree with a focus on Finance or Business Administration or Accounting. MBA preferred (or sufficient additional industry experience);
· Completed formal bank credit training program;
· Demonstrate a comprehensive overall knowledge of credit, audit and portfolio management as well as a general understanding of new business development and loan administration;
· Excellent understanding of energy industry drivers and issues;
· Excellent credit/business writing skills are required;
· Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to interact effectively with all levels of management;
· Excellent ability to operate in a high volume, time pressured environment while maintaining a positive focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .